Find
Notify
Tools

Eastern Sport Show
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://www.newjerseyhunter.com/article143446.htm
The Harrisburg sportsman show seems to forget who there customers are.

Posts: 1293 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I really likethis little gem posted Roll Eyes
QUOTE:

Here is an email conversation i had with a vendor.

http://trophystriperguide.net/

My email
Me, my friends, and family want to know if you still plan on attending the Harrisburg show even though they have banned modern sporting rifles like the AR15, and anything associated with them? I am writing you to see if you will stand with us in support of our 2nd amendment rights by boycotting the show. Please let me know where you stand. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely
Pat

His response

I am totally for banning the AR-15. Own lots of guns and pistols, Guided extensively in Wyoming, Montana. If you can't defend yourself and family with a semi-auto 9mm pistol an AR-15 won't do you any good. It's not a hunting rifle, designed for mass destruction of humans and the idiots in this world having been putting it to good use lately. The AR-15 is NOT A MODERN SPORTING RIFLE. MY MODEL 700 REMINGTON BOLT ACTION IS.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
I wasn't planning on attending but wrote them an email anyway telling them how bad they are screwing up.
If we don't stand together we all will lose something we love.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like Cabela's is not attending.
https://www.facebook.com/Cabelas?ref=ts&fref=ts

One of Us
Picture of Cliff Lyle
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J_Zola:
QUOTE:

My email
Me, my friends, and family want to know if you still plan on attending the Harrisburg show even though they have banned modern sporting rifles like the AR15, and anything associated with them? I am writing you to see if you will stand with us in support of our 2nd amendment rights by boycotting the show. Please let me know where you stand. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely
Pat

His response

I am totally for banning the AR-15. Own lots of guns and pistols, Guided extensively in Wyoming, Montana. If you can't defend yourself and family with a semi-auto 9mm pistol an AR-15 won't do you any good. It's not a hunting rifle, designed for mass destruction of humans and the idiots in this world having been putting it to good use lately. The AR-15 is NOT A MODERN SPORTING RIFLE. MY MODEL 700 REMINGTON BOLT ACTION IS.

Not only is he not smart, he also does t understand the 2nd Amendment. I would write him and let him know but I'm not sure he would get it. N

Posts: 2155 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 03 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff Lyle:
quote:
Originally posted by J_Zola:
QUOTE:

My email

Sincerely
Pat

His response

Not only is he not smart, he also does t understand the 2nd Amendment. I would write him and let him know but I'm not sure he would get it. N

Cliff - Likely you are correct, but I do believe its important for all of us to make it known to others, when someone in the industry takes this position.

This way, we can ALL avoid doing business with such folks!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
What a ridiculous statement on so many levels. He demonstrates in one sentence a lack of understanding of AR's and our Bill of Rights. That's right moron, it's called a Bill of RIGHT'S! Rights afforded to law abiding citizens.

Here is the trap that we have managed to fall into. The left is skewing the meaning of the second amendment as our "right to hunt". Well, that's not what our founders had in mind.

They could not foresee AR, AK, 1911, full auto etc. or even a time when the majority of people lived in high rises and suburbs and didn't hunt.

What they wanted to avoid were the problems that caused them to leave home and form a new nation. They wrote the Bill of Rights based on mankind and human nature. They understood tyranny, greed, government over-reach and corruption. They wanted a nation that was truly free and understood that an armed populace was a force to be reckoned with should the government turn against the will of the people.

Our second amendment is the last line of defense against tyranny. Plain and simple. They were clear that these rights shall not be infringed. It had absolutely nothing to do with hunting.

Sadly, some of us have given into their argument that "We don't need 10 bullets to kill a deer". That is not what our 2nd amendment is about or was ever about.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent post WR and spot on!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amen! Spread this info far and wide. I shared the Cabela's link on FB. Very poor decision by Reed.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent post Wendell. We at the Eastern Chapter of the Wild Sheep Foundation withdrew today.

Sheep hunting, the most fun you can have while being completely miserable!

Posts: 55 | Location: Sussex county N.J. | Registered: 25 December 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had plans on attending next year, but WILL NOT!

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As an alturnative for those in the area, why not visit the NRA great american hunting & outdoors show this weekend Jan. 25- 27 at Frederick, MD. Not as big but a lot more friendly to the cause!
http://www.nrahuntingshow.org/

An old man sleeps with his conscience, a young man sleeps with his dreams.

Posts: 777 | Location: United States | Registered: 06 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You cannot pick one amendment and stand on that.Each and everyone is important to the constitution. If we are going to use the 2nd then we must also punish the users of the 1st, THE MEDIA.

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oupa:
As an alturnative for those in the area, why not visit the NRA great american hunting & outdoors show this weekend Jan. 25- 27 at Frederick, MD. Not as big but a lot more friendly to the cause!
http://www.nrahuntingshow.org/

Doesn't sound like the other one is going to be very big Big Grin

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seriously, this is the only way we will ever defeat the antis', STAND TOGETHER!

Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready

Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 1317 | Location: eastern Iowa | Registered: 13 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
excellent post Wendell!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
The show has just been postponed!

http://www.yorkdispatch.com/ci...outdoor-show-delayed

I'm glad to see everyone standing together. There are going to be some companys and outfits hurt (especially mom and pop) and the local ecomony but if we don't stand together we will fall as individuals.

patriot

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 599 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Posted 24 January 2013 04:13
However, Mark Finnegan, owner of Shamrock Holsters of Craig, Colo., said the boycott won't stop him from attending the show."

Shamrock Holsters
920 Fairway Blvd
Craig, CO 81625
shamrockholsters@hotmail.com

Some stood with us others had to wait for the Decision to be made for them

Posts: 19607 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ej
posted Hide Post
lets not forget the 60 or so African outfitters that did not have much choice on whether to withdraw or not. Why dont we single out the 700 or 800 exhibitors who did not withdraw and deport them!! Hell PDog why dont you call them all out instead of singling out 1 small guy. You obviously have an ax to grind with Mark.

Africa Bug " Embrace the bite , live for adventure "
EJ Carter 2011

One of Us
posted Hide Post
IN the Washinton Examiner Article "NRA boycott kills outdoors show that banned assault weapons".

I dont want to burst their bubble but it took a week for the NRA to finally pull out of the show. There were a couple hundred small family owned businesses that pulled the plug first. In fact there is a facebook page that has 18,000 followers that were flooding the nra with emails to bail out.
Dont get me wrong I am an NRA Memeber but this really was a grassroots effort. Even Drudge has it as an NRA boycott. Oh well it will give the media one more thing to beat up the NRA for.

Posts: 265 | Location: Corvallis,montana | Registered: 10 January 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am more then happy to list each and every one who has made simular statements.

Feel free to post others who have.

You obviously have an ax to grind with Mark.

And any body else who makes such statements

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The MSM usually always gets it wrong. Typically they have no interest in reporting anything that does not "fit the template".

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hntnhrd:
IN the Washinton Examiner Article "NRA boycott kills outdoors show that banned assault weapons".

I dont want to burst their bubble but it took a week for the NRA to finally pull out of the show. There were a couple hundred small family owned businesses that pulled the plug first. In fact there is a facebook page that has 18,000 followers that were flooding the nra with emails to bail out.
Dont get me wrong I am an NRA Memeber but this really was a grassroots effort. Even Drudge has it as an NRA boycott. Oh well it will give the media one more thing to beat up the NRA for.

+1

Your absolutely right. The NRA was near the very end of the exhibitors to pull out. Of course the Liberal Media will pay it that way but, in no way did the NRA lead the boycott of the show. It was the a group of people deciding to stand on what they believe in.

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 599 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was at a local archery range this morning when the owner got the call about the entire show being canceled, he had pulled out last week. I hate to see all the small outfitting companies that depend on that show for sales lose out but I also like seeing Reed having to refund all that money to vendors. Yes they are responsible to refund because they chose to cancel had they left the show go on the 400+ vendors whom did pull out would have lost their money.
Grassroots is a powerful adversary but stopping one hunting show is not the answer just the onset.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Screw Shamrock Holster company...they get what they deserve for supporting the demolishing of the 2nd Ammendment...what the help are they thinking anyway? Oh, yea...just interested in making money and screwing their customer base in one motion! Just another closet liberal.

Posts: 4115 | Location: Pa. | Registered: 21 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The closing of this show shows what we can do if we stand together!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From the Shamrock web site.

About & Contact

Over the last week there has been a lot of controversy over the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show and vendors boycotting. We have gotten some bad publicity on some forums and through email stating that we do not support the second amendment. So for all of our loyal customers and possibly new customers we would like to clear up a few things.

We strongly support the second amendment and show are support by selling holsters to those people who feel the need to defend themselves or other and by selling holsters and belts to the every day person who would hunts and utilizes hand guns for sport.

While traveling from Colorado to the east coast we had heard rumors that vendors were boycotting the sport show but wanted to confirm this before we made a rash decision. We are a small company that can not afford to loose our business on the east coast. Like many other small companies this one show comprises a large portion of our yearly sales. While traveling a reporter called us and asked if we were going to the Eastern Sport & Outdoor Show in Harrisburg? We said of course we have been there for multiple years and knew a lot of other people that were coming. She then continued to talk about the boycotting and whether we would boycott? We stated that we needed to talk with the promoters first before we made that decision. We also stated that we had not been able to get ahold of the promoters for the last couple of days to get an explanation of what was going on. And true to reporters around the nation, she used what she wanted and not the whole story.

We have talked to many small businesses and we all believe that what the Reed Exhibitions has done to the hunting/gun/sporting community is not fair. For legal reason we will hold off on putting our name on the boycotting list. We have been instructed that if we “willing pull out” of the show we have no ground to fight the show but if the show violates its contract by postponing or canceling the show then we have a case.

We are an AMERICAN company that makes AMERICAN holsters and WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT with or without the Eastern Sport & Outdoor Show.

Due to recent events and the cancellation of the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA we will NOT be exhibiting at the show. Please see our Show listing for where we will be instead.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Folks although I support the boycott I would like to say we do not have all of the facts on this. That also includes any or all of the exhibitors. There is much more going on than is seen at first glance. The boycott worked. The only thing I want to add is don't rush to judgment. You want to be pretty damn sure of your facts before you go trying to ruin someone.

Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have friends and clients in Harrisburg. They all say it was a massive hit to the local economy. This was supposedly their biggest event of the year.

Posts: 12103 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of capoward
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have talked to many small businesses and we all believe that what the Reed Exhibitions has done to the hunting/gun/sporting community is not fair. For legal reason we will hold off on putting our name on the boycotting list. We have been instructed that if we “willing pull out” of the show we have no ground to fight the show but if the show violates its contract by postponing or canceling the show then we have a case.
I believe this is very meaningful and hope that they, as well as other exhibitors who did not participate in the boycott, sue Reed Exhibitions and a full refund plus costs. Perhaps this additional hit will make Reed Exhibitions and other who willingly succumb to the anti-gun movement have second thoughts…

Perhaps this will add some backbone to firearms owners, the firearms industry, as well as their outdoor counterparts to emulate Rahm Emanuel and initiate a push to financially boycott municipalities, businesses, etc. that are demonstrating or have demonstrated they’re anti-gun by public statements, policies, or local ordinances.

Jim coffee
"Life's hard; it's harder if you're stupid"
John Wayne

Posts: 4954 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 15 September 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of Crazy Horse RVN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Over the last week there has been a lot of controversy over the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show and vendors boycotting. We have gotten some bad publicity on some forums and through email stating that we do not support the second amendment. So for all of our loyal customers and possibly new customers we would like to clear up a few things.

We strongly support the second amendment and show are support by selling holsters to those people who feel the need to defend themselves or other and by selling holsters and belts to the every day person who would hunts and utilizes hand guns for sport.

While traveling from Colorado to the east coast we had heard rumors that vendors were boycotting the sport show but wanted to confirm this before we made a rash decision. We are a small company that can not afford to loose our business on the east coast. Like many other small companies this one show comprises a large portion of our yearly sales. While traveling a reporter called us and asked if we were going to the Eastern Sport & Outdoor Show in Harrisburg? We said of course we have been there for multiple years and knew a lot of other people that were coming. She then continued to talk about the boycotting and whether we would boycott? We stated that we needed to talk with the promoters first before we made that decision. We also stated that we had not been able to get ahold of the promoters for the last couple of days to get an explanation of what was going on. And true to reporters around the nation, she used what she wanted and not the whole story.

We are an AMERICAN company that makes AMERICAN holsters and WILL CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THE SECOND AMENDMENT with or without the Eastern Sport & Outdoor Show.

Due to recent events and the cancellation of the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, PA we will NOT be exhibiting at the show. Please see our Show listing for where we will be instead.

This "Shamrock" outfit sure sounds like a "Fair Weather" friend of the 2nd Amendment. I'll bet they have a weather vane symbol as their logo to see which way the wind blows

Tolerance is the virtue of a man without convictions.

Posts: 16 | Location: S.E. PA | Registered: 27 April 2012Reply With Quote