New
Find
Notify
Tools

MyGeorgiaMountainBuck
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Got my Georgia mountain buck today.I saw this 9pointer second day of season but wouldnt take the shot as it would have been unsafe down range.I have been hunting this buck every since and finally caught him this morning at 920.He was running full speed when i saw him and it was a 100 yard shot,I made a perfect hit and he did a somersault flip breaking his tine off in the process!It was one of my all time greatest shots!The remington core lok 180gr.psp is still one of the deadliest mushrooms in the woods!The bullet stopped him in his tracks!The rifle was a old pre-64winchester from 1957 in 30-06 with leupold 4.5x14 scope.I was happy i finally got to harvest him but sad the rack got broken up.Made me think of dan & judys elk hunt i read about on here.Anyway maybe the taxidermist can fix it.I went back and found the point sticking in the dirt were he flipped!Iam happy and proud to say the least!YEEE HAAAA! thumb9pointers are fun! clap

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey BBH, Congratulations on a fine Deer.

For what it is worth, I've seen a few Tips glued back on and most of them made the rack look bad.

One in particular comes to mind, because his wife told him he couldn't hang it in his house with the tip broken off. He got it put on and it really looks terrible. But it hangs in the house.

And some come out fine. Having the tip sure helps the situation.

Anyway, best of luck to you.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats.
It is very easy for the taxidermist to fix the broken tine.

If he is worth his salt, you won't even know the tip was broken.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Black Mining Hills of Dakota | Registered: 22 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GA DEER HUNTER
posted Hide Post
Nice buck!!

Any taxidermist worth his salt can fix that tip and you woulnt't ever know it had been broken off.

Posts: 392 | Location: Atlanta, Georgia | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations,

Nice buck for anywhere in GA. Looks like he was in great condition. Good buck!

Posts: 435 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote