Find
Notify
Tools

I lost my hunting partner last night
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of bo-n-aro
posted Hide Post
Mark, I am very, very sorry for your lost. I found that with time your memories of your father will bring great joy into your life. Hang in there, and remeber the good times!
Don Sherpy....bo-n-aro

Posts: 594 | Location: Plano Texas | Registered: 15 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Mark, I am very sorry to hear of your loss.
I lost a man that was very much like a step Dad to me this last spring to cancer. I couldn't get up the nerve to join the hunting club we had spent so much time at this year but regret that decision daily now that it's hunting season.
My Grandfather passed away only a couple years ago and one of the fondest of memories is of an Elk hunt when Grandpa, Dad, and I went together for the first and only time.
Memories are more valuable than anything else you have. No one can take them and they won't wear out or fade.
Peace to you and your family. Enjoy the heritage he gave you. Nate

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
<DBKING>
posted
Mark, Hang in there. I lost my Dad in May of '95.
That winter on my first duck hunt I took a double
on a Wood Duck drake and hen with one shot, I was
using my dad's Berreta AL2 auto. I put the gun up for the rest of that season. On that morning I
remembered the first time my dad took me hunting. I was using my grandpa's double 16 ga. It was the heaviest thing I ever held until my dad showed me
how to shoot it. Man I feel for you. But remember
he will always be with you and will always be hunting with you. Keep your chin up!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, sorry to hear about the passing of your father. I grew up hunting with my father and my brother and both of them left this life way too soon. With time the memories will only be of those pleasant moments when you sat on a ridge or around a fire, sharing the day. Those are what shine through after the loss dims a bit. He will never be replace, but neither will what he taught you and shared with you.

Posts: 4917 | Location: Wenatchee, WA, USA | Registered: 17 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear about your loss and my thought's and prayers are with you and your family. I know how you feel as my Father passed on a few years ago and I still feel the loss for the man that always had time to take me hunting, fishing, or just camping. He had the time and patience to teach me and to spend time with me. One thing to remember is that he will be with you on every hunt, fishing trip that you go on. I still find that when the hunting and having a rough time, I sit down a converse with my Dad and he always comes up with a plan. The only thing that I can say that has helped me, is passing on his knowledge of Hunting and Shooting to others that were not as lucky to have a Father that taught them to Hunt Fish and to enjoy God's great Outdoors.

Posts: 223 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry for your loss. We will pray for you. My father has cancer and will have surgery next Friday. They are giving him about 1 in 6 chance of not making it through. We are enjoying our time with him now as never before. I love him so. I sure will miss him. His mortality has just become very apparent to me and my siblings. He taught me most of what I know about the outdoors. Time will help but you will always miss him. Perhaps you will get to hunt with him again in a better place. "D"

Posts: 1701 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 28 June 2000Reply With Quote
<don>
posted
To read all of these replies gives me a tingling sensation in my spine. My father and I didn't used to do a lot of hunting when I was graowing up. He was to busy working so I learned to hunt myself. Deer, turkey, ducks, quail, rabbitts, ppretty much everything. I went a bunch of seasons with out anything I had thought except a bunch of knowledge. Now I'm 27 and dad is slowing down and starting to enjoy hunting more. We just went to Canada where we both shot bears then off to Colorao where we both shot antelope. After reading these stories I called dad and invited him up for another deer season. I (we) need to make up for lost time.
My sympathies mark thanks for sharing.