Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Schnees or Whites pacs?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Chuck,

I picked up a pair of Schnees Hunter II model when I was in Bozeman this summer. They are not too heavy, have a surprisingly good fit, and give plenty support on climbing the hills. Haven't tried them in rocky terrain yet, my leather hiking boots get plenty of beating on the shale, I dread to think what that will do the the rubber of the Schnees.

You definitely need to seal the rubber/leather interface, really fill the stitches and such with some stuff.

I looked at the Extremes, but they appeared too heavy for extensive hiking...more like an ice fishing/stand hunting boot. I'm always on the move so I chose the Hunter II model.

I got a size 7 when usually I have a size 6.

Frans

Posts: 1717 | Location: Alberta, Canada | Registered: 17 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I own many pairs of Whites-loggers, packers and corks, and both the lineman and elk guide pacs---take a serious look at the Hoffman pacs. They have a better lacing system and the sole is configured more like a logging boot with a heel you can use, harder rubber too which doesn't chip like the Whites. I have had alot of trouble with the Whites rubber bottoms splitting though they say they've solved that now. Hoffman makes a pair (the Predator) which has corks on the insteps which friends swear by for log hopping in cold weather.

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote