New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deer trapping 3-5-05
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Here are some pictures I took Today while I was deer trapping. We put radios on the adult does, and did other tests on the fawns. The last deer of the day kicked my A$$! I grabbed the doe in the net and lost my hold. She started to kick the crap out of me until another guy landed on her. None of these pictures are of me. We collared 30 adult does and I don't know how many fawns were trapped. I am beat I am going to bed. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great photos!!!

Looks like a hell of a way to spend a day!

Posts: 535 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 17 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was a lot of fun. I would liked to be able to find out what happens to each of them over the next year. I doubt I will be able to. Ron

Posts: 985 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Idaho Ron

It always amazed me the strength that those little deer/animals posess.

Back in January 1996, I was part of a Big Horn Sheep transplant. We sent 49 big horns to Oregon. We used a drop net and baited the sheep under the net. It was definately a day that I will never forget.

Doing the field work is what I miss most about not working with the Alberta Fish & Wildlife.

Do you work with the Idaho branch or were you just there for fun?

Graylake

Posts: 187 | Location: Edmonton, Alberta | Registered: 15 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am a 11 year member ofIdaho's reservest program. So I guess you could say I was there for fun. I mostly do work with sage grouse, Trapping, and counting. This was a fun day for sure. Ron