THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: "Assult weopons" as hunting guns?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: "Assult weopons" as hunting guns?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
It is simple to see right here on this thread. Hunters are divided, instead of supporting hunting with assult type weapons{as long as they confirm to laws} I strongly support our legal right to use these weapons, I would hope all hunters and shooters alike would do the same or we will be in for another ban of much greater coverage. Next will be sniper/long range weapons. This is our sport men and women, don't let the anti's divide us.

Posts: 1605 | Location: Wa. State | Registered: 19 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They were at their hunting cabin 2 or 3 went out to check on a hunter spotted in one of their tree stands only one of them took a rifle with them.

One of those were wounded he called for help saying he had been shot. I am sure the rest of the party thought accidently. They came to help him. Rifles would only get in the way of helping wounded person.

Iam sure if they had known they were under attack they would have been armed and ready. Other hunters shooting each other on purpose is so rare no one thought they were being attacked. They were going to help their freind not going to fight off a bad guy.

The trouble was that they did not reallize that they were being murder until it was to late.

Posts: 19428 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi
One thing I don't understand Why the victimes were unarmed during a hunting party and no one could return fire to that killer? it sounds strange going hunting unarmed!! what realy happened? all hunting firearms have military background bolt actions lever actions and baning guns is most absurd thing to think or to do.
regards
danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The shooting of the 8 people and this thread and the thread's "cast of characters" is like watching a video replay of Australia about 3 to 5 years before our full on gun laws arrived in 1996. Even the gun is the same.

Those who would restrict the use of the SKS type gun should think again.

You were lucky that the shooter was not forced to use something closer to your heart.

Mike

Posts: 7206 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Pretty modern, proposing a ban on hunting with automatic weapons, next it will be banning high-powered lasers for prairie dogs...

Posts: 14421 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr Bill... thank you for bringing my spelling erors errers irrers, damn, mistakes, to my attention. 'assault', 'agenda'.

Posts: 854 | Location: Kotzebue, Ak. | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If automatic and semi-automatic weapons are under the Liberal scope for being unsuitable to hunt with due to their "man-killing" nature, it wouldn't be long before all guns undergo the same fate, if the Liberals have their way.

Bolt action rifles are used as sniper rifles, and they have also been used as combat weapons from previous wars. So they, of course, would have to go as well, especially highly accurate varmint rifles, because if it looks like a sniper rifle, it must be one!

Some countries even ban military or ex-military cartriges! Where the hell would that leave us?! No .30-06, no .308, no 7x57, 8x57, 6.5x55, .223, .303, or dozens of other extremely useful and popular sporting rounds.

I've heard a Liberal promoting a ban on sawed off shotguns, which she defined as "any shotgun with more than one barrel". She also proposed banning Saturday Night Specials, and defined them as revolvers. YOUR GOING TO TRY AND BAN ALL O/U AND SIDE-BY-SIDE SHOTGUNS AND ALL REOLVERS!?!?!?

Semi-auto handguns fall under similar rules, being used by police and military, not useful for hunting or sporting purposes. So count them out, too, because the public shouldn't have access to those kinds of weapons.

Lever actions are no good either, because of the wild west cowboy stigma attched to them, and single shot and muzzle loading rifles were used in wars from times passed.

And let's not forget how the natives defended their land with slings, knives, spears and bows! Can't hunt with those either.

WHEN IS IT GOING TO END???

Does anyone have a nice 3.5-caliber rock I can use this season for whitetails? Or are they going to outlaw them too because the Romans used rocks in their catapults 2000 years ago?

They'll have to pry my ex-military Enfield from my cold, dead hands if they ever want me to give it up.

The story will never change. Gun don't kill people, people kill people. So take the damn guns and give them to the right people! It makes me thankful we have such a massive hunting community in Canada (thanks mostly to the First Nations folks fighting for their hunting rights, thereby fighting for everyones hunting rights), and that our Liberal views are somewhat less clouded than those of our cousins to the south.

Posts: 169 | Location: Winnipeg, MB. | Registered: 21 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

The story will never change. Gun don't kill people, people kill people. So take the damn guns and give them to the right people!

Reminds me of a movie line,
Nonsmoker to smoker with a scowl, "don't you know second hand smoke kills?"
smoker stares at nonsmoker and replies "yes, but in some cases just not fast enough."

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Idiot liberal troll, just what thew anti's want to hear from us. Divide and disarm. I don't give a damn what you have owned and it's not your business to tell me what I can own via your small world and mind.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

I've got no problem with that, I own an SKS, and you won't see me taking it into the deer woods any time soon. It's just to inaccurate for my tastes. Hunting is a regulated activity, and in most states it's a privelidge. The type of weapon that can be used must be regulated, or there will always be somebody using dangerous and/or unsporting means to take game.

I honestly don't have much of a problem with using semi-autos for hunting, but it must be admitted that they make it a lot easier for idiots to blaze away in an unsafe manner.

Banning so called "assault weapons" outright or prohibiting people from owning them is one thing, but disallowing their use in the hunting fields is entirely another, and isn't, in my opinion, even close to a violation of the 2nd Amendment. If it was, shotgun only deer hunting, caliber restrictions, and a lot of other rules that are there for the common good would be out the window.

Is it not against the law already to have a mag capacity of more than five rounds while hunting?

How is my SKS different than my Rem.740??

The only thing that needs to be banned is laws that go against COMMON SENSE!! Shooting eight people aint no f---ing accident. A gun that has not blown up, has never killed anyone! As for as a semi auto being faster(accurately) than a bolt gun, not in my hands!!

Posts: 2357 | Location: KENAI, ALASKA | Registered: 10 November 2001Reply With Quote