Notify
Tools

Re: One rifle you whould never sell.
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
quote:
trg, I don't get sentimental about guns, they are tools. Everything is for sale if the price is right
Not exactly true.....close maybe

I have a model 92 winchester .25-20 that has been in the family since 1917. It (and I) just returned from South Africa on our first Safari. That gun took a duiker and a springbok. It'll either be given away or inherited or donated to a museum. It'll never be sold.

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
The firearm I would never sell would be my 1887 Remington 12 gauge with proof steel. My granddad bought shortly after the land run in 1889. he was only 12 and payed $15. for it. I still have the full brass shells for it. It is in the most used condition of any firearm I own. When I look at it I think of the game harvested, preditors removed, and property guarded. My dad and his 3 brothers all hunted with it growing up. It has been thansported more on the back of a horse than in a wagon. You don't sell gifts, you pass them on.

Posts: 2 | Location: Cimarron river valley | Registered: 13 September 2003Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen
I really like mauser soo I'm not very fond of selling any of them.

I have a Brno Zg-47 action that I got a Brno ZG 47 action as birthday present from a friend who now is hunting on more distant grounds. I will never sell it.

I also have a few guns who are from my grandparents that I never will sell.

[ 09-14-2003, 00:20: Message edited by: JOHAN ]

posted Hide Post
my Valmet 412 with 45-70 doublegun and 12-76/7x65R Barrels

Posts: 1 | Location: finland | Registered: 14 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pumpkinheaver
posted Hide Post
My winchester Model 100, it was my grandfathers rifle and it holds many memories for me.

Posts: 414 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 28 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Only have 2 rifles right now. Neither one will ever be sold . One is a 6.5x55 custom and the other is a 30/06 Howa with a custom stock. Both were gifts from friends and will be passed on to my children along with the only shotgun I will never sell (It was my grandfathers).

I have sold the only other rifle I ever had. My wife still complains because it was the one she bought me. [Big Grin]

Posts: 77 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Circa 1957 Daisy Red Ryder 1000 shot carbine...Seriously... [Smile]

Posts: 25 | Location: Brooklyn, NY, USA | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With Quote