Find
Notify
Tools

Hawk bullets
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted
How many of you fellas have experiance with Hawk bullets? What velocities are you running them?Calbiers your shooting them in? Was thinking of giving them a try. Thanks fellas.

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Used them a little.
180gr rn in .308 Winchester pre-64 FWT. Had to be seated very deep because of the parallel ogive and this paticular rifles short throat. Accuracy was marginal. Velocity was limited with the powders I use for the cartridge, because the bullet needed to be seated so deep.

255gr fn in a model 94 .375 Winchester. fantastic performance!!! Black Bear hammer!!!

Thinking of trying some 9.3mm in the 280-300 gr
range for my 'ol Husqvarna 146 9.3x57.

Hawk Bullets seem to be well made. Remind me of the old Barnes originals.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot deer, wild pigs, impala, and a baboon with 285 gr Hawk bullets with the .035 jkt in my 9,3x74R double rifle.

I have shot a deer, and several wild pigs with the 300gr Hawk with the ,025jkt in my 450/400 double rifle, and one pig with the 400gr Hawk with the .035jkt.

ALL of the animals have been drop to the shot hits, except one pig that ran about 20 feet.

They have performed excellently for me.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Side note:
If interested in 9.3x57. I have lots of load data, mostly using VVM powders which you can get stateside. Anything from 232-286 gr.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks"
Hamlet III/ii

Posts: 423 | Location: Eastern Washington State | Registered: 16 March 2006Reply With Quote