Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trail cameras and Bears
 Login/Join

posted
I have been debating on putting up a trail camera, mostly to see how many Bears are in the yard of my Cabin messing with all my stuff while I am not there. The only thing that is keeping from purchasing one is the thought of a Bear smelling it and tearing it off the tree and destroying it. Do you think that it is a good possibility?. I was wondering if anyone has heard of this happening. They tear up everything else so I am a little nervous about leaving a camera up there.

Posts: 30 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A lot of our game cam forum members have bears that tear up their cams. They want bear pics until they find out how destructive them bobos can be. I used to lure them in with Snickers bars but I got tired or repairing the lens and glass. I have the cam in a ammo can and even then the dern bears can puncture the case with their teeth.

We thought it was the film the bears smelled but they are chewing up the digitals too. Only thing I've seen is one bear bait guy sets his up with a barbed wire surprise wrapped all around it.

Bears seem to notice the cam more than deer or other animals, even the digitals that don't click or make any noise.

Posts: 424 | Location: Kali-fornya via Missouri | Registered: 23 June 2001Reply With Quote