Find
Notify
Tools

Wade Lemon Guide Service?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hello,
I would like some opinions on Wade Lemon guide service in Utah.
I am interested in doing a Mountain Lion hunt with him.
Any help is much appreciated.
W.

Posts: 782 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 03 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jack D Bold
posted Hide Post
You may want to contact the Carter's at http://www.huntinfool.com They are very knowledgeable and will give you good information.

Good luck!

"You only gotta do one thing well to make it in this world" - J Joplin

Posts: 1129 | Registered: 10 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not hunted with Wade Lemon. I have a generally favorable impression about his operation from what I have heard. Not a concrete reference as it is not first hand knowledge, but I believe he is one of the more reputable outfits.

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with him a bunch of times. I have hunted for mule deer, elk, black bear, cougar, bison and prairie dogs. Damn I hope I didn't forget something!

He is honest and has damn good guides.

I would go with him again in a heart beat.

Posts: 12094 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tendrams
posted Hide Post
My most tactful advice to you is this. Check the opinions of other houndsmen in the area and state houndsmen groups very very carefully before booking this one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sent you a PM

Posts: 1460 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
My most tactful advice to you is this. Check the opinions of other houndsmen in the area and state houndsmen groups very very carefully before booking this one.

Ditto!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kudu,
I am not trying to be rude, but on a former post from a year or two ago, you wrote:
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:
Wade Lemon, Utah! Snow or no snow, high success, great guides. thumb

Or Tri-State Outfitters, Raton NM! They hunt three different states, super guides and dogs!

Or this.
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:
Wade is upfront, honest as the day is long, and pretty much a pretty nice guy, with success equaled by few.

I am just wondering what has changed your mind.
W.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am just wondering what has changed your mind.

He still has some great guides. And great dogs. And high success. What else did I say that changed, I just agreed with Tendrams. Check him out!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MotorCity
posted Hide Post
I have hunted with him, and would do it again. I will if I can draw another tag in Utah for Goat or Elk. I know several people who have hunted with him. All would recommend him.
Good luck

Posts: 241 | Location: Rochester, Michigan | Registered: 18 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In my research on the internet on this site and others, I have come up with this.
11 people Have nothing but GREAT things to say about Wade and his guide service.
4 people have negative things to say.
As you can tell, I am very bored. I leave on Saturday for a bear hunt with Jim Shockeys outfit, and am researching other future hunts to keep me from going crazy about my bear hunt. I am so pumped.
Thanks again for everyones help. Cant wait to book my lion hunt when I return.
W. dancing