Find
Notify
Tools

Ugly bucks
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Clem
posted

Posts: 1292 | Location: I'm right here! | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Clem,
yup, I definately agree, them are some ugly bucks!
GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those pictures make me want to throw up.

I have seen some weird stuff but never that.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Disturbing...

~Ann

Posts: 19560 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Ann you hit the nail on the head.............disturbing.
Are these natural occurences or the product of genetic engineering or "deer management"?
They are revolting I 've never in all my years seen anything remotely resembling that.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It happens to people- but usually folks get them removed before they get that bad. If you look at any good dermatopathology book you will see much worse on people. I have also seen it on cattle.

If you had read the text, they said its a viral infection (just like human warts), thought to be transmitted by insects. Its supposedly not transmittable to people.

I would suppose in an area with high population density you will see more. It probably is more prevalent in warmer climates as well.

Posts: 11028 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted Hide Post
That is nasty for sure.

I killed a buck about 10 years ago that had warts like that, but not near the numbers of those in the pics. He probably only had about 15 and the worst was one about the size of a golf ball hanging off of his eye lid. Once you removed the hide, you couldn't even tell where the warts were on the under side of the skin.

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
I shot a doe with those one time. UGLY!

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2989 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Snellstrom:
Ann you hit the nail on the head.............disturbing.
Are these natural occurences or the product of genetic engineering or "deer management"?
They are revolting I 've never in all my years seen anything remotely resembling that.

Easy Alice, they are just pictures Cool.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote