New
Find
Notify
Tools

TC Pro Hunter
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Does anyone know if the Pro Hunter's muzzle jump/felt recoil with the 12 gauge rifled slug barrel is reduced over the similiar set-up with the standard Encore?

The Pro Hunter's barrel is longer with a claimed recoil reducing FlexTech stock, but does this really help with the 12ga. slug barrel? The standard Encore's felt recoil is quite hefty. Would a thumbhole stock help as well?

Thanks

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I probably won't make a huge difference. But if you are looking for an excuse to buy another gun, you have have come to the right place.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've got both, and side by side, I can tell you it does make a difference. Me and three other shooters at camp felt so. But as Kroil mentioned, it isn't a BIG difference, but it does seem to make the recoil seem a little less harsh, we all seemed to think it was the stock.

Good luck!

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
See what I mean? Now you have all of the mental ammunition that you need to go out and buy that new gun. Even if it still kicks like a mule,... errr, maybe a little less, like those other four guys said.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hate technology. It sucks me in everytime. Confused

Thanks Kroil & Fish

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Posts: 410 | Location: Maryland | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With Quote