New
Find
Notify
Tools

Huge Whitetail(PHOTO ADDED)
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
My neighbor's Grandson shot a monster Whitetail at the West end of my property this year. I am sending Charles a picture of the Deer to post. It isn't the brightest picture in the world but it shows the rack pretty good. The deer green scored a gross of 180 B&C.

Hawkeye47

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Sorry for the delay, here we go:

[Click picture for larger image.]

Very nice buck indeed.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Wow! F***** Wow!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12578 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
Absolute monster!! cheers

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is what we call a Super Pig. WOW is right!

If you need help getting those pesky whitetails off of your property, just let me know, I'd be happy to help out.

Thanks for sharing the pic (and Charles too!)

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hawkeye

I thought I knew every small town in Mo. Where is Richland? I am in the northwest corner, this year was great, we shot 7 bucks between 135 and 184 gross. I am going to post all the pics as soon as I get my scanner going again.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of juanpozzi
posted Hide Post
Ihave been hunting withetails in pennsylvania and New Jersey but never saw something like this i believed this kind of deer dont grew up in the wild ,congratulations ,its a monster.Juan

www.huntinginargentina.com.ar FULL PROFESSIONAL MEMBER OF IPHA INTERNATIONAL PROFESSIONAL HUNTERS ASOCIATION .
DSC PROFESSIONAL MEMBER
DRSS--SCI
NRA
IDPA
IPSC-FAT -argentine shooting federation cred number2-

Posts: 6367 | Location: Cordoba argentina | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I don't see any picture

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc:
I don't see any picture

You can click here if the image is not showing up for you.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of splinterhands
posted Hide Post
I'm getting buck fever just looking at the picture. dancing That is AMAZING!!

"I'm smiling because they haven't found the bodies."

Posts: 1081 | Location: Pearisburg Virginia | Registered: 19 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jstevens,
Richland is in the central part of the state just North of I-44 and South of the Lake of the Ozarks.

juanpozzi,

Rest assured this deer never saw a high fence! He was completely free range and never had any special care except food plots and minerals. He is not the biggest deer here at Spring Valley Ranch!!! There is a deer here that I believe will score higher than him!

Hawkeye47

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is an amazing deer!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hawkeye, I once hunted in your neck of the woods, around Hardin, Mo. where Elmer Keith was born. I can vouch for the size of the deer there; they are MONSTERS!! I shot the biggest doe I have ever seen there several years ago, and missed a running shot at a buck wearing a rocking chair on his head. That is one great buck you have there. You know you are in true deer country when the local radio gives a daily whitetail harvest report.

Eterry

Good luck and good shooting.
In Memory of Officer Nik Green, #198, Oklahoma Highway Patrol Troop G...Murdered in the line of duty 12-26-03...A Good Man, A Good Officer, and A Good Friend gone too soon

Posts: 839 | Location: Between Doan's Crossing and Red River Station | Registered: 22 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of AZ Pete
posted Hide Post
That's a dandy.

NRA Patron Life Member

Posts: 309 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, be still my pounding heart! That kind of a buck showing up by my stand would probably cause a heart-lock. Great buck, I love the long-tined typical racks.

An old pilot, not a bold pilot, aka "the pig murdering fool"

one of us
posted Hide Post
ETerry

If Richland is just north of I44, he's quite a ways from Hardin, Mo. which is almost due east of KC. The terrain and countryside around Hardin is mixed brush, pasture and cropland, the area south of Lake of the Ozarks will look like a different state entirely. That said, there are nice deer all over our state, especially from the Mo. river north to the Iowa line. It is a darn nice buck, will probably gross in the 160's, maybe 170's, hard to tell from a picture.

A shot not taken is always a miss

Posts: 2788 | Location: gallatin, mo usa | Registered: 10 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by splinterhands:
I'm getting buck fever just looking at the picture. dancing That is AMAZING!!

Splinter,

The last time I was in Monroe County, visiting family, I saw several Bucks like that on my cousin's farm near Lindside and Wikel that had racks like that....

When I said something about it, another cousin ( female)... kept on asking me " how big did you say you saw??" So she asked my son who was sitting in the back seat with her as we drove down the road.... just as another one with a huge rack like that, ran across the road in front of the vehicle.. that I had to tap the brake lights....

My son, pointed to that deer and answered my cousin.... there were a couple just like that one....

She shut up..... lol

Posts: 16144 | Location: Southern Oregon USA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
jstevens,

I didn't score the deer but a chap from Richland did and he said it scored in the neighborhood of 180.

Hawkeye47

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow ... MONSTER is NOT an overstatement about that fella! Congratulations. What a memory!

Mike

--------------
DRSS, Womper's Club, NRA Life Member/Charter Member NRA Golden Eagles ...
Knifemaker, http://www.mstarling.com

Posts: 6199 | Location: Charleston, WV | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote