THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Are Illegal Imms. Stealing your Tag??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are Illegal Imms. Stealing your Tag??
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was just wondering if you guys have any opinions on Illegal Immegants purchasing hunting tags. Here in Utah, illegals can be issued drivers licenses which they could use to apply for permits. I run a construction company and have heard quiet a bit about Illegals getting a tag and going hunting. I would imagine that it is not extremely wide spread, but I do know it happens. Any thoughts?

Posts: 783 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What do these illegal alian drivers licences look like?

Arent they just a permit? I think the license should say "Not US Citizen" accross it.

Whats Utahs Hunting regulations say? Do you have to be a US citizen resideing in Utah?

Or do you have Calif drivers license Illigals buying out of state tags for Utah?

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of TheBigGuy
posted Hide Post
Sounds like an interesting loophole in avoiding non-resident license fees... Si Senor.

I doubt this is true, but it might be.

Posts: 1282 | Registered: 17 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
There are Mexican and other imagrant business set up , where illegals and legal immagrants can go and learn how to milk the U.S. systems.
How to get welfare, foodstamps ,loans,free money,drivers licences,contractors licences ,etc etc.

Us Proud ,Tax paying ,hard working,20th plus generation citizens never had any ideas of ways to milk the system. I used to never even collect unemployment even though I could have at times.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Who's fault is it. The people doing it or the people letting them. (I say the people letting them). homer

If you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member of the Delaware Destroyers
Member Reeders Misfits
NRA Life Member ENDOWMENT MEMBER
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Redhawk, you are right on target. Around here alot of illigals work in forest restoration (planting reproduction trees & thinning non lumber trees). They kill an enormous amount of illigal game. F&G knows but it's like suspending the license of a druck with a suspended license, what good do the cops do. They don't lock them up in jail, they are not deported, they don't hunt in season or with a tag anyway. The game officers are to busy giving rinky-dink fishing violation to do real work stopping poaching.

Posts: 135 | Location: Southern Oregon | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cummins cowboy
posted Hide Post
I have never understood this, seems like when they come in for drivers licences that would be a good time for a deportation. I think by allowing this sort of thing to go on we are saying we don't care if people are here legally if this is how we wanna do things, we need to quit calling them illegals the word non citizen seems more approaite. I can't for the life of me figure out why congress has no desire to close this loophole. they had a chance to do it with the latest 911 legislation but soon members of congress where accusing others who wanted the drivers licence deal delt with of endangering lives. I am here to tell you if someone would run for president and make illegal immigration a serious issue they would tackle as well as not giving benefits to illegals, kinda a closed border/no benefit platform. who woudln't vote for um???

in times when one needs a rifle, he tends to need it very badly.....PHC

Posts: 1755 | Location: slc Ut | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The polititians are doing anything they can to buy the vote of the illegals legal relatives, friends or whatever. You'll not see a real push for reform, because there are too many "new" votes to be had.

Posts: 339 | Location: SE Kansas | Registered: 05 March 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I agree with Redhawk as well, I hate to say it but my home state Tennessee contributed greatly to the illegals. Tn. started letting anyone get a drivers license with no proof of residency or a social security card.

The door was wide open and they flocked by the hundreds. I renewed my license in 2001 and a friend told me to get there early because of this. I had no idea of the magnitude of it but it took me seven hours to get my license renewed, they were line up wall to wall and even a line out in the parking lot. All mexicans, as we live near the carpet capital of the world Dalton Ga., which has been taken over now by them most illegal.

Tennessee has now went back to having a SS card but there is no telling how many license were sold and I have a large problem with someone getting a drivers license and not being able to read the road signs. I think TN. just wanted to make the easy money and boy did they get a lot of it.

I don't have a problem with someone coming into our country, but I do have a problem when they can't speak or write in english, and they are illegal, don't pay taxes and get free medical and dental etc. and no one in the govt. is doing anything about it, local or federal.

All that is required to hunt as a resident in Tennesse is a valid drivers license, so I guess we have a lot of out of state getting to hunt as a resident.

Posts: 68 | Location: Jasper Tennessee | Registered: 05 January 2005Reply With Quote
Picture of dzpoorjr
posted Hide Post
Well here in AZ-we voted to keep them out of the welfare line-but found out they qualify still if its a US government program! Still in court on details-but when the offices of DES are all hispanic its no wonder they get all they want! Whos checking the employeees of the State to inforce this? Don't help with people like our Gov and Raul backing them! They are also getting hunting licenses and big game tags-if they carry a green card here!Guess we will have some new big game species in Az to hunt soon!

KILL THEM ALL AND LET GOD SORT THEM OUT!

Posts: 62 | Location: SAFFORD, AZ. | Registered: 22 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of CLL
posted Hide Post
Most around hear dont bother with a tag . This is not a racist statement just the facts . May I add that there are alot people that dont bother .

I Might Be Tired From Hunting ,
But I Will Never Tire Of Hunting .

Posts: 200 | Location: CA,U.S.A. | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
dzpoorjr, By all means, do speak out. An idiot in the open is better then an idiot in the closet.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Posts: 3142 | Location: Magnolia Delaware | Registered: 15 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted Hide Post
Under current law, there are 9 classes of persons prohibited from possessing firearms: 1) persons convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year; 2) fugitives from justice; 3) drug users, or addicts; 4) persons adjudicated mental defectives, or committed to mental institutions; 5) unauthorized immigrants; 6) persons dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces; 7) U. S. citizenship renunciates; 8) persons under court-order restraints related to harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner; and 9) persons convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence (18 U. S. C. § 922( g)).

Picture of dzpoorjr
posted Hide Post
unauthorized immigrants-does this include-like apaches off the rez!

one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
dzpoorjr, you really know how to show your ignorance. troll You must be about 5 foot tall and have the small man syndrome. Hide behind a computer and talk trash. You are not man enough to ever say that to my face.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

Picture of dzpoorjr
posted Hide Post
Redhawk-who let you off the rez! Or maybe the NY or eastern tribes might adopt you! And ship he others back south- after 30 days of picking up trash they leave behind! No tags for the greencarders either! Just what we don't need is more nonresidents!

one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Spoken like a true racist and you sound so illiterate. You just prove it does not take intelligent's to be a racist. Do you feel like a big man? You know Physiologist's say people with inadequacies have to put focus on other to take the attention off of themselves. You can't have an intelligent conversation and state your opinion without getting racial. But then again most raciest are ignorant.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Stark
posted Hide Post
dzpoor, I don't know what entertainment you get from antagonizing redhawk, but I really wish you would take it somewhere else. I don't know the man and most likely neither do you.

With that said, being from southern arizona, most of you folks who aren't from border states don't have any idea what it is like to deal with a large 'illegal' population. I don't have a problem with anyone trying to better theirselves, I just believe that the rest of us should not have to support them. My other complaint is the mess the illegals leave behind. When I am out hunting it is common to find their trails and camps, hard to miss, it looks like the local landfill. Garbage is just left where it lays, fences are cut so the next group can get through easier. Believe me the ranchers aren't happy about having to gather their cattle and re-sort them the way they wanted to start with.

Kind of like gun control, enforce the laws we now have rather than enact some more useless ones.

Ruger SRH in .480
Howa M1500 Thumbhole Varminter in .223
Bowtech Extreme VFT

Posts: 36 | Location: Willcox, Arizona | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Redhawk1
posted Hide Post
Stark, I agree with you about the enforcement needs to be tightened. We have enough American citizens that need jobs. My parents live in Sierra Vista AZ and I know first hand what you are talking about. Like you said I don't fault anyone for trying to better themselves. I truly believe America needs to stop all immigration and lets get what we have now under control. I do not dislike these people I just think our Government fund are being used up and they are really not and should not be our concern.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Member Reeders Misfits
NAHC Life Member
DSA Life Member

one of us
Picture of Stark
posted Hide Post
Redhawk, I grew up in Cochise County but went to Alaska for 17 years before returning. All I have seen is that the Border Patrol has hired about 10 times the agents they used to have and have set up road blocks on major north/south highways. The problem being, these blocks are usually set up many miles north of the border and you know as well as I do that there are any number of ways around them.

I have seen them set up on Davis road many times, yet when I hunt off to the north of there, I find a major 'illegal' trail going through the area. I'm talking a foot trail about 3 feet wide! The local rancher is pissed because when they finally do start chasing some of the illegals, the BP doesn't feel that they need to shut gates behind them. Now if the rancher doesn't know who left the gate open, it can and does get blamed on the hunters. It is a no win situation for us.

Ruger SRH in .480
Howa M1500 Thumbhole Varminter in .223
Bowtech Extreme VFT

Posts: 36 | Location: Willcox, Arizona | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote