THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    OK Texans, if you've got spare cash, this might be it!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK Texans, if you've got spare cash, this might be it!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
http://www.ranchland.com/scrappin-valley-1681

Unfortunately, it will be well out of my price range. Anyone want to partner it in million dollar units?

My guess is it will take at least $1500 an acre or more to buy it, but this is subject to "red cockaded woodpecker" restrictions, which I am not familiar with.

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBoutfishn
posted Hide Post
If only, sigh.

Jim "Bwana Umfundi"
NRA

Posts: 3014 | Location: State Of Jefferson | Registered: 27 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Gato,
$17m? I'll go halfsies with you.....

one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
At 11,000 acres it's hardly worth my time ... Roll Eyes

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is divided into 3 tracts, of roughly 6000+, 2000+, and 2000+. Unfortunately the tract with the lodge, ranges, etc is the 6000+ or I might consider trying one of the smaller ones if they had the facilities.

I know you guys are joking, but we MIGHT be able to buy the main tract for 10 Million or less. Subject to the red cockaded problem, which I don't know what that involves, with the pine timber etc. it would be a helluva deal. I can't raise that kind of money in this time frame, I can raise a million or so on a phone call by selling come of my collectibles. I know a man who might be in for 2 to 4 million, so we could be halfway there if any of you cheapskates would go dig up those socks of non-taxed cash in your backyard. Big Grin

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hell, that is chump change. Now all you need to do is find several chumps with all the change, LMAO!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
100 guys with $100k each......run it like Corbin Park here in NH. Only way a new member comes on board is to buy an existing member's share. The shares then appreciate over time. Manage the game and it will thrive in perpetuity.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not a bad idea but there isn't enough time to get 100 guys on board, much less to verify if they really have the funds and the willingness to commit them. In addition, it MIGHT get into some kind of SEC oversight situation. I'm not saying it would, just that it might.

However, if 99 more guys want to try it, I'll be the first to say that I'm in for 100K. It's also entirely possible that it might go for more than my estimate.

It's also not all that simple, since if someone bought just the northerly 6K+ acres, they would probably have to fence off the Southern end. Not a lot of money, but that along with maintenance, management, and upkeep would be ongoing costs.

xxxxxxxxxx

One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
C'mon Gato....don't you remember where you are? Most of these AR hunting gurus won't hunt in a high fenced "pen"....even if it's 11,000 acres. That's just shooting fish in a barrel!!

sofa

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Eland Slayer
posted Hide Post
By the way....I'll be happy to represent you guys as a buyers agent on this endeavor.

Hunt Report - South Africa 2022

Wade Abadie - Wild Shot Photography
Website | Facebook | Instagram

Posts: 3110 | Location: Hockley, TX | Registered: 01 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of postoak
posted Hide Post
This is East Texas we're talking about here. It just isn't very scenic.

Posts: 441 | Location: The Woodlands, Texas | Registered: 25 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Corbin is 24k acres.....and there's nothing "fish bowl" about it. It's about $250k to buy a share but none are available currently. I have a bud who hunts there once or twice a year.....mostly thick woods, nothing easy about it.

http://www.meyette.us/CorbinPark.htm

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote