Man mistakes cow for coyote!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Man those Mich. coyotes must be big! Eeker

Man says he shot cow after mistaking it for coyote
The Associated Press
Article Last Updated: 11/23/2007 11:44:55 AM MST

Posted: 11:43 AM- COLFAX TOWNSHIP, Mich. - A man says he shot and killed a neighbor's cow after mistaking it for a coyote.
Authorities and the owner are skeptical.
The undersheriff in northern Michigan's Benzie County says he doesn't see how anyone could confuse a 1,400-pound, pregnant cow with a coyote, which typically weighs 20 to 45 pounds.
And anyway, shooting coyotes is illegal during deer-shooting season. Authorities asked the county prosecutor to bring charges.
The 42-year-old man told authorities he was out to shoot coyotes near his home Saturday when he killed the cow, Undersheriff Rory Heckman said. Heckman said the man then tried to drag the cow home.
"The part of his story he his holding to is he shot at a coyote. I don't know how he hit a several-thousand-pound cow mistaking it for a coyote," Heckman said.
The cow, named Hannah, had wandered away from her farm.
"My husband thought that he should go through some therapy looking at repeated pictures of cows and coyotes, because they look nothing alike," said owner DeAnn Mosher. "It didn't make any sense to me."

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
A coyote the size of a cow would bring a lot of money for furbuyers!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:
Heckman said the man then tried to drag the cow home.

I'd have paid money to have seen that!

KG

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Let's face it, the guy wanted some free steaks. stir

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Irish Paul
posted Hide Post
Was it a high fence cow?

Never use a cat's arse to hold a tea-towel.

Posts: 280 | Location: California/Ireland | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Irish Paul:
Was it a high fence cow?
animal

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of wino
posted Hide Post
read the article, the cow was trespassing

"Earth First, we'll mine the other planets later"
"Strip mining prevents forest fires"

Posts: 2407 | Location: smokey southren humboldt county nevada | Registered: 05 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey - give him a brake. He probably took his Hunter Ed class with Dr. Bruce Thompson, Dir, NMDG&F. Just another case of mistaken coordinates in the GPS and no big deal - noowhutimeen.

Pancho
LTC, USA, RET

"Participating in a gun buy-back program because you think that criminals have too many guns is like having yourself castrated because you think your neighbors have too many kids." Clint Eastwood

Give me Liberty or give me Corona.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Doc:
Let's face it, the guy wanted some free steaks. stir

Ditto

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hmmmmmmmmmm did the Cow have a collar on?????? Big Grin I imagine the same guys who shoot any Dog they see while hunting would take a Cow if they had a chance!!!! Cool

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The guy is obviously a Leftie Democrat. They routinely mistake Hillary Rodham Clinton for a woman.

warthog1134.com

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What a maroon!
quote:
Let's face it, the guy wanted some free steaks.

At $7.00 per pound for beef, he probably figured the fine was cheaper than the beef. Idiot.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Only in IQ-America.