THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Another guy that can't play by the rules....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Another guy that can't play by the rules....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
But poaching is no big deal, right?

Kansas man accused of poaching deer that would have broken state record

http://www.kansascity.com/2012...sed-of-poaching.html

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I never ceased to be amazed by this sort of thing. What sense of accomplishment does a guy have by taking an animal (or fish) in violation of the rules?

Posts: 567 | Location: southern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 08 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
But poaching is no big deal, right?

Not according to some of the guys that post here. According to them, it's nothing to worry about and the states shouldn't even waste money trying to solve these kind of cases.

But then, I guess it takes all kinds.

Posts: 2940 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice. | Registered: 26 September 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
According to the article that's three bucks that would break the state record that have been poached, and that's the ones they know about! It seems that some lengthy jail time, maybe a year or two of road cleanup on your hands and knees, in addition to loss of all weapons for the rest of your life is the only way to eliminate some of this shit!!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
It has to be about ego's and bragging. Why else? The kill is more important than the hunt.

I am sure some will say he was misguided, and a wildlife violation is nothing worse than a traffic violation, slap his wrist and let him go on his way.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
greed and selfeshness
theives and scum.
life sentence grenade ankle bracelett
that goes off if you step off the concrete!!

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
the arrogance of entering the rack in a big buck contest is amazing to me.

Posts: 5701 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of edholum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckeyeshooter:
the arrogance of entering the rack in a big buck contest is amazing to me.

You can't fix stupid and this guy is a complete moron.

"Conservation through Hunting"

Posts: 260 | Location: SE South Dakota | Registered: 20 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
for you few that think poaching is no big deal....this guys brother illegally shot off the highway at some geese and killed an 18 year old hunters sitting near the decoys. Convicted and sent to prison....

I guess that isn't a real big deal to some....

troy

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guy obviously had access to the deer he just couldn't close the deal legally. Its ashame he/people has such little regard for his quarry. A stiff sentence may give him time to re-think his hunting skills.

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DTala:
for you few that think poaching is no big deal....this guys brother illegally shot off the highway at some geese and killed an 18 year old hunters sitting near the decoys. Convicted and sent to prison....

I guess that isn't a real big deal to some....

troy

Sickening. The problem with this ilk is that they're too stupid to understand ramifications in advance. I'd sentence him to arduous community service and he'd wear an ankle bracelet for 10 years.....forget ever hunting or owning a firearm again.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
my wife almost got shot by a poacher shooting at a deer on her place. I have a low tolerance for poachers....

Birmingham, Al

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What makes me sick about this is this and other cases is that they are only a tiny fraction of trophies being taken illegally.Not enough of these losers do something stupid and get caught.Wanna pop a doe for the freezer and bend the rules a bit fine. But the "trophy hunters" make me sick. They will do anything to kill a trophy buck if they think they will get away with. I have seen it first hand.

The property I hunt is surrounded by all kinds of trophy hunters. At least half of them have hunting violations of their records.

One guy leases property adjacent to mine. He is the host of a TV show. Don't ask not going name him. Anyways the first year he hunted the property I decided to be neighborly and introduce myself and lay the foundation for a peaceful relationship. Well I get out the woods and park on the road behind his truck. I wait and wait and wait some more. He comes out of the woods nearly an hour after dark with his bow uncased which is illegal no backtag on also illegal. I introduce myself and instantly the guy gets an attitude and starts giving me excuses as to why he was in the woods so late long walk camera gear and such. I did not even ask. He only hunts a sixty acre section that is only 20 acres deep and I know where his stand is no way it takes that long to walkout. No reason to explain yourself unless your felling guilty or think you are getting busted. I realized quickly the guy has asshole so I kept it short and let him know my property is watched as well as the surrounding area and the sheriff and game warden are on speed dial.

I was surprised that this guy was even hunting there. They are some huge bucks,180 class, in the area but it is a small property he is leasing with no public land around and locals are tightlipped about what is running around. This guy is from the other side of the state. So I did some digging. Well a member of his prostaff lives in the area. And his 20 something punk of a nephew has been thrown off my property and ticketed several times for trespassing. He obviously seen what was running around and spread the word probable so he could hunt the lease. So at this point I have a real bad feeling about this whole bunch.

Then one day flipping through the stations I come upon the show. He is hunting Canada with 7mm mag encore. He shots a huge 12 point that looks very much like the big boys running around in southeast Wisconsin specifically the area I hunt. Even more familiar is the pine tree covered hillside he is sitting on. Then the deer drops in a chunk of cattail swamp. The whole backdrop is one I can see from one of my treestands. What could I do? Sure I know this was illegal deer out of season,we had no snow on the ground until after the gun season, Rifle hunting in shotgun only zone no blaze orange no back tag and it a sure was not Canada. But what is a warden gonna do. I cannot provide exact dates or times or prove for certain what deer was killed if it was still in his possession. But I know damn well what went on.

Shit like this and other things on TV are the big part of the problem. Every day you got these fools showing these huge deer they kill all the time. Then you got people who are to stupid to realize that all these "trophys" are either coming off a game farm or by questionable if not outright illegal means. But they have to be be just like the fist pumping hotting and hollering fools on TV that they idolize so they to do whatever it takes to kill that trophy. Since most of them could never afford a high fence hunt games laws be damned as long as they think they won't get caught. Unfortunately most of them are smart enough to not get caught.

Sorry to be ramble on but this stuff really pisses me off.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have a whole Industry that promotes the size of the rack is what matters.It used to be that if you got a real nice Buck while hunting,that was a bonus.Now if you do not shot a monster you are almost scorned.Hunting has been degraded to a measurement game.Few Shows or magazines promote any Buck you shoot is a Trophy.Ted Nugent is one who does."The One""Hunting The West"all promote bigger is better or unethical shots.So you wonder why the Big Bucks are poached???Blame The Industry.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of don444
posted Hide Post
Poachers are just thieves.... Throw the book at 'em.

Posts: 551 | Location: Idaho | Registered: 27 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Many poach because the penalties are not severe enough.

sjadventures@cableone.net

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
You have a whole Industry that promotes the size of the rack is what matters.It used to be that if you got a real nice Buck while hunting,that was a bonus.Now if you do not shot a monster you are almost scorned.Hunting has been degraded to a measurement game.Few Shows or magazines promote any Buck you shoot is a Trophy.Ted Nugent is one who does."The One""Hunting The West"all promote bigger is better or unethical shots.So you wonder why the Big Bucks are poached???Blame The Industry.

+1 hunting for a lot of people has come down to money and fame.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Poaching is akin to rustling.

Shoot'em and leave their bodies for the buzzards!

Let 'em be an example of how not to conduct yourself!

We Band of Bubbas
N.R.A Life Member
TDR Cummins Power All The Way
Certified member of the Whompers Club

Posts: 2973 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 15 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by don444:
Poachers are just thieves.... Throw the book at 'em.

tu2

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal30 1906
posted Hide Post
Mike 7mm08

You would be impressed what a sharp game warden can put together.

And if there is a video of this hunt that you saw it would not be to difficult to get some results.

Cal30

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3070 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The problem is finding the sharp game warden or one that gives a shit. Had a small nubbin buck shot on the property. Gut pile was about twenty yards from the deer. Well I should say what was left of the deer. The bastards had balls enough to shoot the deer gut it drag it to a dryer spot of the field and completely bone it out. You could clearer see all the cuts up each leg straight down the middle of the belly. Hide was laid out perfectly flat clean knife cut through the meat at the hock on each leg. Oh and half it's head has blown off. Warden response hard to say could of been shot or could of been coyotes. Smart coyotes they are now gutting deer and using knifes.Only one warden for the area. To be honest as much as I want the asshole neighbor busted I don't want this dumbshit of a warden poking around. I have nothing to hide but don't need to have encounters with any law enforcement that makes Barney Fife look like a genius.

Posts: 448 | Registered: 27 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Sounds like your problem was finding either the one dumb one or one that does not give a chit about his job. Has the warden you dealt with been in the area a long time, if so, that is the problem, probably knows just exactly who poached the deer.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Damn, 2 recommendations for loss of his 2nd ammendment rights for life, explosive strapped to his leg that detonate when you leave the concrete (don't know if this would help thin out the "road hunters"), 1 call to shoot him and leave his body exposed for the scavengers to consume, you girls are getting each other all lathered up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Although you're on my ignore list, I'm sure that was another great poacher post by dumbo!!!