Find
Notify
Tools

Need input, ideas
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Montana
posted
My father, I and a friend all hunt in a club in Eastern, NC.
The club has aprox 10,000 acres of land, clubhouse, covered skinning shed and walk in cooler.
The three of us are getting out of the club. We have a 20x30 three room house, bathroom, sleeping quarters, and living dining kitchen room. With a 10x12 covered porch. We also have aprox 18 box stands setup on 16" legs overlooking clearings, food plots or paths bushhogged into the cutovers. Plus there are about 10 ladder stands.

Our house is on club owned land as is the other members living quaters, ranging from campers to stick built shelters.

The club is still hunting only, we have had a four point rule in effect for about 5 years and a 6 point rule the last two. With some members wanting to increase it to 8 points. The club is enrolled in the DMAP program which allows additional does to be killed. We receive 212 doe tags upfront with more promised if we use those.

Overall this is a great place to hunt and it is very hard to leave it but the last 3 years together I have only hunted about 15 days there. It is a two drive from my house and personal reasons are keeping me away.

The dues are $500 per year this includes year round access to all club lands for anything that is in season. The club is located within 10 miles of Buggs Island which is a 50,000 acre lake.

We want to sell our house and stands but are unsure what price to place on them. The average stand price that has changed hands lately is $200. Our house is what I consider the nicest one down there, I know with out pictures it is hard to give a price. We have over $30,000 in the house and stands. The house is fully furnished with frig, stove, TV, couches, table, 7 beds, ac units, and full bathroom with a propane water heater.

My question is what would you guys pay to have a turnkey place to hunt such as this? The house needs nothing, the stands are all in excellent shape, the only thing you would need to do is plant food plots. Eastern NC has a 3 1/2 month season more or less.

Please let me know what you think and ask questions if you need more info.

Wayne

Live everyday, like it was your last!!

Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

Posts: 571 | Location: Central, NC | Registered: 03 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BHW
posted Hide Post
See PM

Posts: 261 | Location: Duncan, SC | Registered: 06 February 2003Reply With Quote