New
Find
Notify
Tools

Favorite hunting sites...
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I frequent a number of sites and have posted direct links to this site on other boards stating that the best sites have no rubles (rules).

I got a reply doubting that sites with no rules allowed direct links to other forums. Well just to prove a point, I'd like to list my favorite sites.

www.huntingforums.com/
www.thesouthernoutdoorsman.com/
www.accuratereloading.com/

These are pretty much delete free hunting sites and I wish I could say more sites are this way but censorship is a reality on many sites.

The funniest thing is that there is more argueing and flaming on the PC censored sites than there is on the delete free sites.

If you really want to get a fire started, go over to, you know where, and make a post about shooting sea gulls from a powerboat.

Seems like the friendliest people are on the delete free sites. go figure.

------------------
boman

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
ncboman,

I am not able to tell you why other sites will not allow links to other hunting sites to be posted, nor why they would delete posts that they think are unwelcome on their forums.

I can tell you our policy here though.

The whole purpose of this site is to encourage people to enjoy hunting and shooting and share their experiences with like minded friends from all parts of the world.

Of course, the forums had to expand, and cover many other subjects than just hunting and shooting. But that is to meet the demand of all our friends who are members of these forums.

Our policy of being censor free is very simple. I would not like anyone to tell me what I can or cannot say, so I will not even try to tell people what they can or cannot post.

Each member has his or her own opinions, and they are very welcome to express them.

If I see a post that I think is over the top, I just ignore it.

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 68779 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

You have the best policy on the web.

Thanks

------------------
boman

Posts: 3167 | Location: out behind the barn | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
quote:
Saeed, You have the best policy on the web.
No other site is even close!!! Great site Saeed!!

If anyone knows where the problem sites are, it's ncboman Do you hold the record for "Most Sites Banned From"?

Happy Easter boman; I've been catching flak for saying Easter isn't about a bunny, it's about a Lamb. Think I'll go shoot a bunny today to celebrate.

R-WEST

------------------
"the spotlight of truth will cause the cockroaches of deceit to run for cover every time"
Rush Limbaugh

[This message has been edited by R-WEST (edited 03-30-2002).]

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
<X-Ring>
posted
This is the best sight on the web! bar none. Saeed has been a great host, and a great guy to put up with all of us.
I used to surf the other sights a little but I don't have the time anymore theres just to much to talk about here. HA was fun for a while. I liked the Christian out reach forum, but my computer locks up every time I log on to that sight. So I just stay here. Heck for a while there Misc. had turned into a religeion forum, but it's back to normal now.

X-Ring

------------------
Sinner, saved by God's unfailing grace!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed

you have done a great job with this very additctive site.

(not with standing your issues with walter hahaha)

regards

RH

Posts: 562 | Location: Northern Wisconsin, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Arkhunter>
posted
Thanks for putting us on your short list ncboman and you were right!

Maybe I ougta check in here a little more often if its this laid back around here.

one of us
posted Hide Post
R-West,

No Mike is still the champ. I'm the guy that cleans up behind him.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Best hunting site on the web!!!
One of the things that really stands out about this place, is the fact that people from all over the planet post here. I really like hearing from Europe, or Austrailia, or Africa, etc. Who knew sea-gull whacking could be that much fun. Nice job Saeed!

Posts: 586 | Location: paloma,ca | Registered: 20 February 2002Reply With Quote
<ovis>
posted
Best hunting site on the web? You means there's more then one?(:

AR & Saeed #1! "with a bullet"

<T/Jazz>
posted
This sight indeed has many professional hunting types, who share their wisdom and lifes works unselfishly with those of us who are far less in abilities.

I am thankful of what has been posted hear on this forum, so I can benefit from all the knowledge, that is being spread for the sport of hunting and shooting etc. I learn something new everyday it seems. Thanks!

one of us
Picture of hamdeni
posted Hide Post
Saeed,
I must say i never thought i would get so addicted to this forum the way i am.Keep up the good work.

Hamdeni.

------------------

Posts: 1846 | Location: uae | Registered: 30 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just wanted to add my "Thank You" to Saeed for hosting/sponsoring this site. I think it's great! I, too, much enjoy the fact that people from all over the world post here. This site really is an example of the Global Village.

-Bob F.

Posts: 3485 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 22 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, I have searched the web, and it's true - there are sites for deer, bear, elk, sheep, but there is no other site on the net with a forum devoted to that most unique (and very dangerous) species of WILDlife known as the "WalterHog".

I don't know how those other sites can expect to be taken seriously...

Rick.

Posts: 1099 | Location: Apex, NC, US | Registered: 09 November 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Paul H
posted Hide Post
From it's humble beginnings a few years back when there was but one forum, this site has deffinately become #1, and ultimately it is because it allows the most free exchange of information and ideas.

As far as other sites, the only one I visit besides this one is 24hourcampfire, and I believe they are relatively free of sensorship, and I know links to AR haven't been deleted.

Posts: 7213 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Rick,

You are right about that my friend.

Yesterday Walter was here, and as we have been galavanting for a while, and have fallen behind on several projects. One of these is building a new rifle for me!

I try to be orgenized, so I had the action, stock, barrel, reamer etc all put together so I can work on it.

Walter: "Aah! This is the new baby!"

Me: "Yes, Walter, just make sure you keep your hands off it! This is going to be a REAL hunting rifle. Not like one of those silly German contraptions you seem to love so much"

I was referring to his Blaser R-93

Walter:" But I want to help you build it! You do the important suff, and I will do the easy parts"

Me: "Alright, can you turn that barrel down to 1.150 inches. And if you do a good job, I might let you do something else."

I left him to do that, while I got busy pulling bullets out of old 303 British ammo. A friend of mine brought a few rounds, and he wanted to put them next to an old rifle he has on his wall. He wanted those loaded rounds to be "killed" he said!

Suddenly, Walter calls: "Saeed, how many milimeters are in in this 1.150 inches?"

Me: "Are you in one of your silly moods again? What difference does this make? Just turn it down to 1.150 inches"

Walter: "You don't like my silly GERMAN made rifle, and I don't like your silly ENGLISH measurements. So I am using a milimeter caliber for my work."

Me: "Walter, just leave it. I will do it myself. There is tea and cookies over there, sit down and have some."

He walks over to the table where the tea and cookies are, and said: "Typical useless service here! There is no ice cream, no cake. How can you expect me to work without having some refreshments first"

I ignored him, and went over to the lathe top turn the shank of that barrel down to the right diameter.

He actually had the barrel mounted in the lathe the wrong way! He had it all set up to turn the muzzle end of the barrel down to 1.150"!

Me: "Walter! You are a perfect example of what sort of creature can be produced from a marriage between a German and Chilean! Why did you put the barrel in the wrong way?"

He got up and came over, and looked at the barrel, and looked at me as if there was absolutely nothing wrong.

Walter: "Tell me, what is wrong?"

I got my calipers, and set them for 1.150" and gave them to him.

Me: "Here, you bloody nitwit! turn that barrel down to this diameter!"

He put the caliber around the barrel, turn around and looked at me, and started laughing.

Walter: "It is going to be VERY difficult. But, it is your fault! You did not tell me which end of the barrel to turn down. If you spent all those years in Germany instead of England, you might have learnt something useful - like working with milimeters."

Me: "I see that were are not going to get anything useful out of you today. Go out in the garden and pick some fruits. There is lots of ripe mulberry."

Walter: "Saeed, sorry, sorry, really very sorry. I did not do that on purpose. It is just that you did not explain things to me properly"

Me; "Walter, if you did not do that as a joke, then you must be even dumber that I thought!"

He walked out of the workshop mumbling: "You are right. otherwise I would not have friends like you!"

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 68779 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Daethorn>
posted
When I started reloading a little over a year ago my uncle told me to come here to ask questions, and I have found out more from the people on this site then I could have ever found on my own. Thanks everyone. I only have 1 reason to go to other sites and look is there is no Fishing Forum here, Saeed this might be a new forum to look into, possibly, I know I would Post on it. I know this is a hunting and shooting site but it would be cool to add a fishing forum 2.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Daethorn,

I have added a Fishing Forum for your enjoyment.

Have fun.

[This message has been edited by Saeed (edited 04-03-2002).]

<Daethorn>
posted
Saeed you are the man. Thanks

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed, This is true freedom. No censorship. I dont need anyone to decide what is best for me, Ill do that myself. A person should be able to say anything they want as long as they can back it up. That isnt to say that there are not many differing opinions. If I dont like something I just dont have anything to do with it. Its that simple. Thanks again for a great site.

------------------
Happiness is a warm gun

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
<Crawfish>
posted
I post on two sites but boy is was sure funny when I wanted to tell all you posters that I had won a bear hunt from www.where2hunt.net and the other place blanked out that site, go figure.

------------------
Handgun Hunter
LOVE THOSE .41s'

<hornblower>
posted
hornblower
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
ncboman,

I am not able to tell you why other sites will not allow links to other hunting sites to be posted, nor why they would delete posts that they think are unwelcome on their forums.

I can tell you our policy here though.

The whole purpose of this site is to encourage people to enjoy hunting and shooting and share their experiences with like minded friends from all parts of the world.

Of course, the forums had to expand, and cover many other subjects than just hunting and shooting. But that is to meet the demand of all our friends who are members of these forums.

Our policy of being censor free is very simple. I would not like anyone to tell me what I can or cannot say, so I will not even try to tell people what they can or cannot post.

Each member has his or her own opinions, and they are very welcome to express them.

If I see a post that I think is over the top, I just ignore it.

Saeed ,
thank you for these forums , they are intelligent , humorous and very informative . I did not have much time to drop by recently , but I enjoy reading the opinions , thoughts and the good advice from fellow hunters all over the world .
It�s a GREAT web site !

one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Referring to censorship at other sites, I recently posted at HA and referenced a post I saw at HuntChat, something like "Joe Schmoe over at HuntChat said blah, blah..", no links or URL'S or anything, and it came out "Joe Schmoe over at {censored} said blah, blah..". Amazing.

R-WEST

[This message has been edited by R-WEST (edited 04-10-2002).]

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote