New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming antelope hunts
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Gents....I am considering booking an antelope hunt in the fall of 2004. I am looking for a quality, fair chase hunt....no luxuries needed....for a fair price. Any recommendations? Thanks, in advance, for your responses.

Gary

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Gary, I can help you. I am also applying for a lope tag in Wyoming and have a good outfitter there who I will hunt with if drawn.

If you want my info on him, drop me a line.

aspenhill@triton.net

[Smile]

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If tou get a tag in a good area all you have to do is go there, set up camp and start looking for a nice buck. Any area from Farson to Wamsutter has plenty of antelope and public land.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What Rickt sez is true. Be sure and have some good BLM maps as the Wy ranchers are not required to post their land nor even tell you where theirs starts and public land stops. And, like everywhere, some of them would have you think they "own" the blm land they are leasing. Also, if you write or email the Wy dnr, they usually keep a list of owners that will let you hunt their place (often for a nominal fee). That way, you can call or write them this winter instead of showing up in their driveway right at hunting season. [Smile]

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all of you. I am still checking on a couple of areas now. The BLM maps are a great idea. Ann, I may be contacting you for some more info on your guide and available hunts. Nice website, by the way. Thanks, again, for the responses.

Gary

Posts: 1970 | Location: NE Georgia, USA | Registered: 21 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarBy:
Gents....I am considering booking an antelope hunt in the fall of 2004. I am looking for a quality, fair chase hunt....no luxuries needed....for a fair price. Any recommendations? Thanks, in advance, for your responses.

Gary

Areas 60, 61, 62 have some pretty good bucks and a lot fo public land,

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of OldFart
posted Hide Post
Unless your set on an outfitted hunt, I would consider a do-it-yourself hunt. Antelope are not that difficult to hunt, and are usually easy to spot in the open country. Just pick an area with a bunch of public land and you should do all right.

<Herb D>
posted
While in Farson don't forget to stop by the "world famous" ice cream store to celebrate your "lope". [Smile]

one of us
posted Hide Post
Last year I hunted with Bill at Flying B Outfitters and had a great time, I'd hunt with him again. Hes out of Casper and heres a link to his web page www.flyingboutfitters.com if you talk to him tell him Mark said "Howdy".

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Herb D:
While in Farson don't forget to stop by the "world famous" ice cream store to celebrate your "lope". [Smile]

We celebrate with a cone when we get something, console ourselves with a cone when we don't, send postcards from the front porch regardless.

Posts: 14441 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The eastern part of the state rutinely produces the larger horned bucks, Cheyenne and Casper areas are your best bets.

Posts: 588 | Location: Central Valley | Registered: 01 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
how are the whitetail in Flying B's area?
thanks
wayne

Posts: 310 | Location: middle tennesse | Registered: 05 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bill has 3 or 4 areas he hunts. We hunted antelope on 66,000ac I saw hundreds of antleope, but not one mule deer.

Posts: 1739 | Location: alabama | Registered: 13 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
GARBY:

LINK TO WWW.WY-TROPHYHUNTS.COM

THE CHEAPEST GUIDED ANTELOPE HUNT I'VE SEEN. I HAVE NOT GONE WITH THEM, BUT I HAVE A FRIEND THAT HAS. HE HIGHLY RECOMMENDS HIM.
IF YOU WANT A DO-IT-YOURSELF WHICH SOME PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY SUGGESTED, CONTACT ME AT BOW777@HOTMAIL.COM AND I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW

Posts: 60 | Location: Miami | Registered: 02 August 2003Reply With Quote
<Herb D>
posted
TOM

Way to go! So do I. Except this year I missed out as the sign in the door said "Closed".

one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WyoJoe:
Areas 60, 61, 62 have some pretty good bucks and a lot fo public land,

I have one outfitted hunt to make up, from when Osama bin Laden cost my trip to Wyoming on 13 Sep 01 and I couldn't reschedule. I didn't draw in 2002; I didn't put in at all in 2003, since I was a tad busy elsewhere. Once I make up the outfitted hunt, I'll do public land hunts for these animals... and I'll make sure I check out 60, 61, and 62. Thanks for the tip, WyoJoe.

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Russ,

Non-resident drawing odds for those three units are very low, ranging from 7% to 18%. The red desert does produce some nice goats though.

If you make it to Wyoming, let me know and I'll buy you a couple beers for your time spent in hell.

Posts: 426 | Location: Alpine, WY | Registered: 01 November 2002Reply With Quote