New
Find
Notify
Tools

A NEW WORLDS RECORD....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
JUST OUT of curiosity, with all the hunting and deep woods, plains, mountains etc penetration by hunters anymore, does anyone think there are really huge world beaters still out there in large numbers or are they the proverbial needle in the haystack? When you consider the hunting pressures and the numbers of hunters now vs 20 years ago.

On some of the plains game, On the tundras the caribou,.. maybe? But the bear, moose, deer (outside of the feeding programs) cats and buff, what are really the odds of scoring #1?

How many folks here where folks hunt all over the world ever caught a glimpse of the possible record?
or are they just not out there to see?

NEVER fear the night. Fear what hunts IN the night.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Uglystick
posted Hide Post
You never know. Just reciently a rouge elephant was shot in TZ near a big town. It had been raiding crops and killed a young man who tried to drive it off. It had ivory over 100 lbs each side. Nobody had seen the ele around before.

Posts: 173 | Location: Jackman MAINE USA | Registered: 29 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Every year there's thousands of new world records shot. Then ground shrinkage sets in.

Yes I believe there is still the chance for shooting world record animals. Elk will continue to top the books and so will whitetails. With black bears being protected more and more,I'm sure we'll see some monsters grow from this.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the new WR Barren Ground Caribou was killed last year, wasn't it?

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to hear a new WR moose is taken this year, here in Alaska. There's been some monsters killed in the past few years...

Odds of a new WR brown bear are slim, but there are some areas that are producing some mega-big bruins.

Any world record is a freak, though, and besting what is at the top now will take a lot of luck and hard hunting, if not manufactured.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sledder:
Every year there's thousands of new world records shot. Then ground shrinkage sets in.

QUOTE]

jumping animal

NEVER fear the night. Fear what hunts IN the night.

Posts: 624 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 07 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Just look at the Boone & Crockett record book and the number of new World Records in recent years....I think that says it all for North America.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1849 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Hard to asay about all game animals but with all of the dear and elk farms out there one knows there are bigger animals being raised for harvest in the future.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ELKMAN2
posted Hide Post
Didn't Chuck Adams stick a new world record elk last fall, his second??

Posts: 1072 | Location: Pine Haven, Wyo | Registered: 14 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
I'm betting there are several World Record Caribou and Rocky Mtn. Goats out there. They are very hard to score and the difference between a new World Record and a large one, is small and hard to judge.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Sevens
posted Hide Post
I bet you there are some world record animals hanging on peoples walls that they have just never bothered to have scored or recorded.

If you died tomorrow, what would you have done today ...

2018 Zimbabwe - Tuskless w/ Nengasha Safaris
2011 Mozambique - Buffalo w/ Mashambanzou Safaris

Posts: 2789 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 27 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Coyote Caller
posted Hide Post
Seems like they break a new record for elk almost evry year or two. Although im not sure we will ever see the mule deer record be broken. Elk seem to do better every year while the mule are on the decline.

Posts: 56 | Location: Utah | Registered: 13 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I'm always excited when I hear about someone taking a new or near record trophy. And it does seem to happen often enough that it's not a rare thing.

It's good to know that the big ones can still survive and thrive, even if I never seem to see one while in the field.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They have always been a needle in a haystack. Bighorn sheep was broken here in Alberta, what maybe 5 years ago? Whitetail, elk, black bear, just about most anything could be topped anytime when the right genetics and conditions come together.

Game farm animals are not eligable for B&C or Pope & Young books so farm raised genetic freaks of nature don't count, thankfully.

aka. bushrat

Posts: 372 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 13 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Think the one North American world record that will never be beaten is Stone's Sheep there been nothing even close in the last 20+ years even though all us lucky sheep hunters think we will get one on the next trip to the mountains.
What you think ??????

Posts: 542 | Location: British Columbia Canada  | Registered: 02 January 2006Reply With Quote