Login/Join

one of us
posted
Any body else get lucky.

Posts: 19358 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of chuck375
posted Hide Post
Haven't hunted in Montana since I lived there in the 70s. If you shoot a deer that's been eating red spring wheat it tastes like the finest beef. We used to get two deer tags, an elk tag, an antelope tag and a black bear tag for $35 when I lived there, miss it.

Regards,

Chuck

"There's a saying in prize fighting, everyone's got a plan until they get hit"

Michael Douglas "The Ghost And The Darkness"

Posts: 4729 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: 01 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I drew cow elk in Valles Caldera in Oct and my son drew deer in Units 6A,C next door the week before. Looks like northern NM this Oct... the bald eagles migrate then to fish the creeks in Valles Caldera, neat to watch them.

Posts: 4 | Location: Sandia Park NM | Registered: 31 December 2022Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of buffybr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:
Haven't hunted in Montana since I lived there in the 70s. If you shoot a deer that's been eating red spring wheat it tastes like the finest beef. We used to get two deer tags, an elk tag, an antelope tag and a black bear tag for $35 when I lived there, miss it.

Wasn't that the Sportsmens License that also included fishing and birds?

We could also buy OTC Unlimited unit Bighorn sheep and Grizzly tags for $25.

NRA Endowment Life Member

Posts: 1632 | Location: Boz Angeles, MT | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buffybr:
quote:
Originally posted by chuck375:

Wasn't that the Sportsmens License that also included fishing and birds?

We could also buy OTC Unlimited unit Bighorn sheep and Grizzly tags for $25.

A lot has changed from those days.

Posts: 19358 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Drew deer combo in Montana. Hope to add antelope also.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Struck out with my elk/deer combination app. Putting in for cow B hunt as I have accessto a ranch which wants to reduce its elk #'s

Posts: 85 | Location: The oasis of Nevada | Registered: 26 June 2006Reply With Quote