New
Find
Notify
Tools

While out hunting this evening
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
The wife and I were just leaving my timber/hunting property a couple minutes before legal shooting time.

I saw a flash something moving through some thicker brush.

I had seen a gray fox in the area earlier today.

I said look there's that fox then quickly said no wolves.

Wife said no that was three deer.

I said no wolves she wouldn't believe me until I showed her their tracks.

To bad we don't have a season on them I am sure if I had wanted to I could have shot the last one.

Posts: 19443 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
SSS!!!!

~Ann

Posts: 19248 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
it's always wolf season.

Posts: 4988 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
SSS is a great management practice and I am NOT trying to be funny.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
it's always wolf season.

This is a candidate for signature of the year! rotflmo

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It always amazes me that people would talk about committing a federal felony on a open forum.

Then risk their whole life style over a wolf.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
It always amazes me that people would talk about committing a federal felony on a open forum.

Then risk their whole life style over a wolf.

Yep, not too smart, especially seeing who two of the respondents are that are condoning it!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anyone on here honestly believe it doesn't/hasn't happened? Roll Eyes

Get real folks.

All of us have been around the block long enough and been in the field enough times to know that things happen that are simply swept under the rug so to speak.

I seriously doubt that any of us that have really spent anytime in a hunting or fishing camp have not witnessed activities or actions that did not skirt the written letter of the applicable laws.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
except that where I live it is always wolf season.
it's closed one day a year when the new licenses take over for the old one.

Posts: 4988 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Idaho is smartest when it comes to predators seasons
Montana is always politically correct and Wyoming is hillbillyville with no future thinking
No amount of greatesthunters will do predators in as they are simply that good to survive, so year long season is the only way to go

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Leave reality of this....it ruins the two know-it-all's usual line of bullshit.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately a federal judge in DC nixed our wolf season.

Because they have not expand into all of these previous know territories.

I guess we well have to wait for wolves in Chicago and MPLs St.Paul.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
quote:

Leave reality of this....it ruins the two know-it-all's usual line of bullshit.

The two "know-it-alls" are simply saying to STFU and keep it to yourself, especially out on the net where comments like that are taken by the antis for their anti hunting purpose and it doesn't help our cause one bit! No CHC, we all know shit happens, but we don't have to broadcast it all over the net for all to read!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Boar-
You are SO right about Montana. 16 years of Demos in the Governor's mansion and 3 different political hacks running our FWP. It does not help that in that period the legislative body has been skewed heavily against the Gov. Ergo- No common sense on either side.But I guess you know all that!

Posts: 1338 | Registered: 17 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
but we don't have to broadcast it all over the net for all to read!

What is it going to take for hunters(?) to realize that no matter what happens in the real world, for a certain segment of the population, hunters will always be the "Bad" Guys.

Anything/everything any of us say in our responses on the internet, this site or any other, will be used against us even by other hunters!

None of you can HONESTLY say that ranchers in the areas where the wolves have been introduced, are NOT killing any that they get the chance at.

When are some of you going to understand, that it is NOT what we hunt or kill, but the concept that we Hunt and Kill animals!

Does not matter if it is wolves, coyotes, deer or cotton tails, those that want hunting stopped want ALL hunting of ANY kind stopped!

So let us all that like or want to hunt, alienate and divide ourselves so those wanting all hunting stopped will have an easier time of it!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crazyhorseconsulting:
quote:
but we don't have to broadcast it all over the net for all to read!

What is it going to take for hunters(?) to realize that no matter what happens in the real world, for a certain segment of the population, hunters will always be the "Bad" Guys.

Anything/everything any of us say in our responses on the internet, this site or any other, will be used against us even by other hunters!

None of you can HONESTLY say that ranchers in the areas where the wolves have been introduced, are NOT killing any that they get the chance at.

When are some of you going to understand, that it is NOT what we hunt or kill, but the concept that we Hunt and Kill animals!

Does not matter if it is wolves, coyotes, deer or cotton tails, those that want hunting stopped want ALL hunting of ANY kind stopped!

So let us all that like or want to hunt, alienate and divide ourselves so those wanting all hunting stopped will have an easier time of it!

There is another complete lack of reading comprehension on your part CHC. We are not talking just hunting on this thread. We are talking about violating a federal law that says you can't shoot wolves in Wyoming, and the three Great Lakes states at the present time because they are on the ESA and several here have openly posted to just go ahead and violate the law when the say SSS! That is absolutely a lot more than just talking about hunting that the antis want to abolish in case you haven't figured out why pdoghunter and I posted what we did!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
stir

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
stir

Yep, you sure are and yet never seem to figure that out and blame it on everyone else!!!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Topgun 30-06-
Not sure what you a alluding to but we sure do have a season in Wyoming both trophy and predatory. See G&F regs; depends on where you are hunting.

Posts: 1145 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Some don't seem to understand SSS. You only have to do the second 2 S's if you do the first! rotflmo

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
DSome folks still seem to honestly believe that making such comments on the Internet gives the anti-hunting forces ammunition and makes all hunters look bad.

Compared to hunters I suspect more ranchers and ranch hands have more actual experience with the Triple S concept as far as wolves are concerned than all hunters combined.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kda55:
Topgun 30-06-
Not sure what you a alluding to but we sure do have a season in Wyoming both trophy and predatory. See G&F regs; depends on where you are hunting.

Don't know why I put Wyoming in there, as I was just out there for 2+ months. I guess I was thinking of the cancelled grizzly hunts due to that Lib Judge putting them back on the ESA.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
DSome folks still seem to honestly believe that making such comments on the Internet gives the anti-hunting forces ammunition and makes all hunters look bad.

Compared to hunters I suspect more ranchers and ranch hands have more actual experience with the Triple S concept as far as wolves are concerned than all hunters combined.

Obviously you don't, but a lot of us do think that the more ammo we put out the more the antis have to use to try to sway those that are on the fence regarding hunting It's bad enough that they don't want any hunting, but then when hunters start talking about breaking the law like in this thread just because they don't like the law IMHO it makes us look even worse. I won't argue your second paragraph since the people you mentioned depend on making a living off the land and anything like wolves that cuts into their profits might get the SSS treatment.