Find
Notify
Tools

What is aMinute of angle?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hi
I usually shoot in off hand position and my best acheivements with my 3030s are (5 shoot in orange sieze rapid fire and the same but in a seize of ping pong boll when i try to do my best and shoot slowly the distance is 40 meter )How many MOA is a ping pong boll's seize and what to do to shoot better?
Best regards
Danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The minute of angle is a touch over one inch size at one hundred yards. Its rounded out to one inch at one hundred yards.
Two inch size reflects a two minute of angle target/group, etc.
You'll need to convert "inches" and "yards", to metric. ~~~Suluuq

[This message has been edited by Rusty Gunn (edited 02-26-2002).]

Posts: 854 | Location: Kotzebue, Ak. | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With Quote
<Dave King>
posted
Danny

A Minute-of-Angle MOA is an angular measurement, it equals about 1.047 inches at 100 yards. A Ping Pong ball does not have an MOA value.

BUT, a Ping Pong ball is 40mm, or 1.575 inches. At 40 meters (43.76 yards) a Ping Pong ball sized group is about 3.78 MOA.

mm to inch ( 25.4 = 1)
meter to yard ( 1 = 1.094 )

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a 1/60 part of a degree so if your pingpong ball are 40mm in size and you shoot it at 40m your moa is ~3,5
PerN

Posts: 108 | Location: Härnösand Sweden | Registered: 17 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The "minute of angle" is the size group that most good rifles are capable of achieving but are handicapped by riflemen who are not capable of shooting that size group.

Posts: 740 | Location: CT/AZ USA | Registered: 14 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi
Thanks for replies. It seems I need to eat more spinach to become a better shooter,but shooting from the bench and off hand are not the same situation. anyway somehow the caliber has something to do with accuracy ,because when i fire my m6 scout in 22 lr or savage 22 mag or tikka 222r the groups shrinks dramaticaly and many time it becomes clover leaf like.
I wonder if 3030 is not an accurate round?
And may be a scope sight would better my ability( because none of the guns I mentiond has scope mounted yet)
Best regards
Danny

Posts: 1127 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PerN.
Good to see that sombody finally got the simple answer, and that It was a scandinav is even better.
YES, it is as simple as that 1/60 of a degree!!!!!! No less, no more.

------------------
Shoot well, and hit hard.

Arild.

Posts: 736 | Location: In the deep Norwegian woods. | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
<Reloader66>
posted
The 30-30 is as accurate as the lever action lock up system will allow it to be. To my knowledge Savage is the only rifle maker to produce that cartridge in a bolt action rifle model 340. The draw back with their offering was it only had one locking lug. If the 30-30 were produced with a Remington style action it would be just as accurate as any cartridge of comparable size. The limitations would be bullet selection and powder capacity of the case to drive the bullet. No rifle maker has seen any advantage to producing the 30-30 in the action that would give that cartridge better performance than the old style lever action they are now being produced.