THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    wife MADE me take her hunting and then....

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wife MADE me take her hunting and then....
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
hadn't been home 12 hours and was headed out the door again.
this time thou it was my wife sitting in the passenger seat.
we had all the gear with us and were well suited in late season winter clothing.
as we drove up the river i'm retelling the story of the absolute monster of a mule deer
I got to put my hands on the day before,
compliments of our own drummond lindsey and the great guy hunting with him that week.
A classic eastern plains monster.

and after telling my wife the tale, she relays to me that her quarry for the day was going to have to be "a big one and the perfect specimen"
Oh crap, this could be a loonnng hunt.
couple of the good things about hunting with your sweetheart, she prettier than my last 4 or 5 yrs of hunters and she packs a better lunch than i ever would.
we got in amongst them later on in the morning and after a couple mile stalk she was able to get one picked out and tagged and in the back of the truck before dark.
we made it back to the house and did alittle more dressing and you can be the judge of how she did.

OK maybe its alittle early for xmas trees and christmas songs but it earned me some points that I promptly spent and bailed out this morning on a hunt of my own.
there is one area near the ravenr homestead that is still open for elk and i decided to make a swing thru there this morning and see if i couldn't punch my elk tag.
Wyoming game and fish is trying to keep these elk out of the agriculture and its good for any elk with a general tag.
daylight this morning found me glassing the back country and it wasn't long and i picked out 30 head.
i drove down to the ranch and got permission and offered to help feed and chop ice so the manager could go along but he declined and off i went.
driving up and around to the ridge i parked my truck and bailed out with the bear dog.
I made a run down the right side of the ridge as the wind was behind me and figured i'd find
them feeding on the sunlite side.(left side)
sure enough a half mile into the walk I peeked over and located the herd, alittle adjustment and i had them at 230 and punched my elk tag.

Been a hell of a week and its only Wed.
got a cow tag for up the river and thinking of loading ponies here in a few days and sorting that out.
till then enjoy and safe travels

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is a magnificent mulie! Congratulations
Glad to hear you were also able tk fill you elk tag... Nice bull too

Orvar

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats man!!

Let me say too, thanks for all your help this year. We really appreciate it, and hope to have you back in 2012.

Sincerely,

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4888 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
Congratulations ravenr!! beer

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Hope you get the cow sorted out later!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
As a guy on the net says,

AND

so should you . . .

"Life is Good"!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4261 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice tree Wink

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
I hate you Big Grin

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10136 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a very nice tree, where did you bag it? Big Grin

Good Hunting,

Posts: 3143 | Location: Duluth, GA | Registered: 30 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey,I can pack a mean Lunch too,can`t help ya on the pretty part.Nice buck for sure!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Raven, our wives really need to get together and talk.

My wife still insists on multi-colored lights on our tree and I have always really preferred all white lights too. tu2

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am with Mike on this one. I wished I would have never left Ft Collins. Nice job (s)

Windage and elevation, Mrs. Langdon, windage and elevation...

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Buglemintoday
posted Hide Post
Nice Muley...and ELK!

"Let me start off with two words: Made in America"

Posts: 3326 | Location: Permian Basin | Registered: 16 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Thats a couple of nice Trophys!!

Well done!

tu2

AK-47
The only Communist Idea that Liberals don't like.

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Way to go. It is nice when good things happen to good people. Great shooting.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6768 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote