THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    American Hunters of a Different Breed

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

American Hunters of a Different Breed
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not the best picture but looked out the back window this cold morning and 2 balds and a golden taking in the view. I have never seen the two together before. Pretty neat, Golden on the right.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you sure that isn't an immature bald eagle? They don't get their white heads and tails until age 3.

I'd be surprised to see a golden with bald unless there was a gut pile or carcass close by.

Jeremy

Posts: 1480 | Location: Indiana | Registered: 28 January 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Neato! Prolly a breeding pair of adults and their offspring.

I've also had several eagle sightings around my area cruising for gut piles and road kills. I have never seen a group like that.

~Ann

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Loved seeing lots of eagles in Alaska!

The few golden eagles I have seen in Texas were definitely larger than bald eagles.

They are all large powerful predatory birds and a wonder to observe.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw my first two bald eagles that were not in this year near my home in Kentucky!

Posts: 12259 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a bald eagle show up in the backyard once in a while.

I see more on a really tall power pole a few miles from the house. They prefer concrete to cypress Smiler

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Last winter one day we had 8 balds out front feeding on a dead seal. Hate to say, but I’ve come to the conclusion over the years that they are nothing but flying coyotes. They kill everything.

Posts: 214 | Location: maine, usa | Registered: 07 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have 6 pairs that nest within 5 miles of my home, we see them all the time. I shoot a woodchuck and it is eaten within a couple hours.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I got a pretty good look at them, the one on the right is both bigger and darker than either of the other two, coloration just as a Gloden. I have seen immature balds and don't think this is one.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bald Eagles are a lot closer to vultures than coyotes. They like an easy (already dead) meal. They don't kill very much in my experience, but they love a carcass pile.

Pretty birds always enjoy seeing them, both golden and bald.

Posts: 457 | Location: NW Nebraska | Registered: 07 January 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have a whole lot of both out on the
Pueblo Reservoir in winters. Some spend
much of the year out there.
Plus there's quite a flock of pelican's
too. It's a lot of enjoyment to watch
them fishing.

Watched bald dive from way up there, and
caught a wiper I'd almost bet was 20" long.
Flew up a few hundred feet and dropped it
on the shore. Followed it down almost
even with it and caught it on a bounce.

Amazing birds. Too bad all the big dead
cottonwood tree's have rotted off and
fallen. Sure took out a bunch of bird
nests.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote