New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Tikka T-3 Lite in 338
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
There is a "Sako Blowup" thread on the "Gunsmithing" forum that gives details.

Ditto the above on the Limbsaver. They take some work to make them look good on a classic rifle but absorb recoil better than anything I have ever used.

A light 338 is near perfect for high country elk hunting and you'll never notice recoil on game. Try the 210 partitions, awsome.

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I heard that there is a recall on t-3's ,has anyone heard about that? It was a letter to a gun dealer but it didn't say why!

Posts: 37 | Location: N texas | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Swede I also have a .300win that kicks like a mule. Do the limbsavers pads make that much of a difference? It took me 200 rds to learn how to shoot that gun. I have shot .338's that kick alot less.
Chain

Posts: 944 | Location: michigan | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Swede I also have a .300win that kicks like a mule. Do the limbsavers pads make that much of a difference? It took me 200 rds to learn how to shoot that gun. I have shot .338's that kick alot less.
Chain

I used to think Kickeze(sp) was the best but after using the Limb-Saver I am sold. It completly tamed the felt recoil on my 300Win Mag. A friend shoots a Ruger 300Win Mag that I put a Kickeze on for him he it still hurts him but my rifle don't and we shoot the same loads. I load all of his shells and the only difference it the length to the rifling. Don't get me wrong it still kick like a SOB (more of a shove felt on my shoulder) but it don't leave me black and blue like his rifle does.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
There was a post about a Sako Stainless Steel 300Win Mag blowing up and injuring the shooter. It was said that Sako has recalled certain Stainless Steel rifles. I looked for the post but did not find it. Maybe another member could fill you in on the details.

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote