Find
Notify
Tools

Help with a trophy elk hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted
I've been drawing since 2003 in various states and again zeroed out this year.

Any recommendations on a high success, free range trophy elk hunt on private land?

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You don't really need a draw tag for private land.
Make contact with one that has: LandOwner tags, make arrangements and BUY the big ticket direct.

Get on the: CPW (Co Parks/W) board and look thru the big game harvest results, they're posted now.
Read the rules too, might help understand a few things.

Good luck,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are you looking for a Guided or Do it yourself hunt?

Hang on TITE !!

One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by leemar28:
Are you looking for a Guided or Do it yourself hunt?

Either

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
P.M. sent.

Hang on TITE !!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Utah has plenty of private land tags available for sale through the landowner / guide.
Trophy quality is a function of price. Choose a hunt with a good chance at a 325 class, 350 class, or 375 class bull and pay the associated price. These aren't guaranteed sizes, as it is free range hunting, but guides know the quality of animals commonly encountered on different properties and price their hunts accordingly.

Let me know what you want and I can make more specific recommendations.

Bill

Posts: 1089 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Northman56751
posted Hide Post
What's your budget and expectations on size?
Depending upon what you are after, I may have a hunt or two that may interest you.....Utah, N.M., or Colorado

Feel free to call me to discuss....

Brett Mattson
www.hosted-hunts.com
E-mail: brett@hosted-hunts.com
Cell: 218-452-0774
Life Member NRA

Posts: 258 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Austin Hunter:

I have a friend that is a licensed guide in Utah and Wyoming (I realize that Wyoming will not be an option for '16). He has access to some great hunting in Utah, for a reasonable price.

Beautiful country, hard working and honest guide!

PM me if you are interested.

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the replies folks! I have a number of PM's going on. Fantastic support from this great community as always!

One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Go to the offered / discounted hunts section.

JFWRC has an offer there. He outfits in New Mexico. He comes highly recommended.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote