Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico mule deer hunt!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Well, its almost here!!

My rifle mulie hunt in the scenic mountains of Raton,NM.

A 5 day hunt starting on the 12th of Nov.-16th of Nov. My best friend will be accompanying me, as we will drive 1500 plus miles to get there from the Carolinas. Road trip to the 10th power!!

Cant wait to get back to the New Mexico mountains.

Anybody hunted up around there this year??
I hope with the recent rains that they have had this year, that antler growth will be back to normal, or better!!..sakofan..Waiting sucks!! [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sakofan, I was down in Raton a week ago for some informal shooting and handload testing. Wound up being about 20 degrees and windy as all get out. Made for some miserable shooting conditions. I also spent the better part of the summer months in the area, and the rain didn't come as it should have. Not that the hunting won't be good though; saw many good bucks still in velvet towards the end of July. Many of them were heavy 4X4s and a few better than that. Are you hunting with Mike Ballew of Steven G.? Best of luck on your trip.

Posts: 193 | Location: Laramie, Wyoming | Registered: 01 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll be hunting the same time period, but probably a different part of SW New Mexico. I'm excited, too, but the rancher has been tellin gus the drought has continued there. He is seeing some nice 4x4s, though...

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wyocowboyshooter:
. Are you hunting with Mike Ballew of Steven G.? Best of luck on your trip.

Thanks for the response.
No, Iam hunting on Brilliant Canyon Ranch with a gentleman named Joe Dekleva.

Good luck, Calif Hunter!!..sakofan..

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote