THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    What book has best info on whitetail deer?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What book has best info on whitetail deer?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of erict
posted
My nephew will soon be able to hunt deer, but I'd like him to learn as much about the whitetailed deer before he hits the woods. He has read plenty of books about deer hunting strategies, but I am looking for input on the best whitetailed deer book that addresses the life cycle, favorite foods, biology, etc.

In other words, what book would you recommend to learn the most about the whitetailed deer?

Thanks in advance - eric

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One excellent new book that I would suggest is "Observing & Evaluating Whitetails" by Dave Richards and Al Brothers.

Posts: 1557 | Location: Texas | Registered: 26 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I don't remember the name of the book, but the author is John Wooters. capt david

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 11 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
By far the best book I've seen on whities is the book by David Morris.

"GTTH"

Dogz

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Deer of North America - Leonard Lee Rue -1978 If you can't find a copy let me know and I'll send you one.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Dr. James Kroll from Stephen F. Austin University has written a couple of books on whitetail deer. Some of the most intriguing biology, habitat, and genetic books I've seen for game species.

Posts: 1508 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dave. The John Wooters book you're think of is, I believe HUNTING TROPHY DEER. Unfortunately it is out of print, but i have seen it in the used book section at Barnes & Noble.com.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Dave. The John Wooters book you're think of is, I believe HUNTING TROPHY DEER. Unfortunately it is out of print, but i have seen it in the used book section at Barnes & Noble.com.
Paul B.

I thought it was reprinted recently?

Anyway, I second the recommendation. Most of the other whitetail writing out there, just seemed repetitive after I read Wootters.

Posts: 1246 | Location: Northern Virginia, USA | Registered: 02 June 2001Reply With Quote