Find
Notify
Tools

What would this buck score?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted
I managed to catch this buck on camera last week. I am interested to hear what you guys would think that he would score. While you are at it, how wide do you think he is?

Enjoy!

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What have you been feeding him?

J/K. You'd really make some people sick when they stop by to tell you about their hunt and you show them that boy out the back. Great stuff.

Posts: 316 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 August 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
210 gross by 29" main frame.
Fish hook cheater will put him over 30"

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Nice Buck
If he were out on huntable land and you had a tag in your pocket he would be a contender, No score required!
Glad I looked at ravenr's post before I posted I would have been a little more conservative on the score and spread but I'll go with him, he's better at it than me.
Very nice Buck with good mass, I like him.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't know how to score,but know if I saw him in a legal place,I would shoot. Eeker

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Hunting tip #1
They are far easier to measure when they are not running around on all fours. Lay him down and then get a tape on him Wink

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
Mighty nice Buck. I like the 'Narly ones.

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
you can't score a buck from a picture as far as I know, but he is a shooter..If I had to guess I would say he is 200 give or take 10...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Hey Man, what do you think about getting some of the busted down trucks out of your front yard?

Starting to look a little Dillingham'ish.

Posts: 9497 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
Hey Man, what do you think about getting some of the busted down trucks out of your front yard?

Starting to look a little Dillingham'ish.

rotflmo

I wish that buck was in my yard! I actually saw this buck in Colorado.

We do have some big bucks that wander around town here in Rock Springs(nothing as big as that bruiser). They seem to travel up a natural funnel and on to the community college campus. They have probably been using that trail for the past few thousand years. Some local idiot killed one with a cross-bow last year(out of season, no tag, etc.)and got nailed for it.

Jason

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardAustin:
You'd really make some people sick when they stop by to tell you about their hunt and you show them that boy out the back. Great stuff.

Here is the rest of the story.... I was on my way to a week long hunt in Central Colorado and I saw about 400 deer in a 50 mile stretch. Deer sightings tapered off and stopped by the time I reached the hunting area.

In the week of hunting only 3 deer were spotted by out 4 man group. One of the deer was a small 4pt and one of the guys killed it. The deer were just not up and moving.

On the way home from this disappointing hunt I saw this buck in the same 50 mile stretch. I probably saw 250 on this stretch on my way home.

Jason

-Jason Brown

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Looks like that buck's ancestor's flirted with a fallow deer at one point! Damn nice deer! Like others pointed out, would love to run across him on legal ground with a tag in my pocket.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote