THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: SCREW THE RMEF, B&C, AND THE DAMN WOLVES!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: SCREW THE RMEF, B&C, AND THE DAMN WOLVES!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
So fill me in, what do those 2 groups do that is not Kosher?

Posts: 2509 | Location: Kisatchie National Forest, LA | Registered: 20 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
Varmint, you're on an emotional rant so I won't interject facts that'll just confuse you...

one of us
posted Hide Post
McInnis: You are absolutely wrong in your "glowing" assessment of the greenies at the rmef! The Elk herds were growing and doing VERY WELL indeed long before the money changers at the rmef came into being!

The principal threat to Elk now in many places is the amazing overpopulation of Wolves that the dimwits at the rmef endorsed WHOLEHEARTEDLY! I give as exhibit "A" the idiotic wayne "the brain" carleton and his ludicrous TV show segment on HOW WONDERFUL the cuddly little Wolves are and how beneficial they are to our "ecosystems"! Since I saw that horrendously short sighted and stupid episode of "Elk Country Journal" on my TV last year I have raised hell via the internet, via the mail, in person and I have made it a point to mention to every nimrod I see with a rmef decal on their vehicle how the rmef does not fight for the Elk Hunter in any way shape or form regarding the amazing overpopulation of the re-introduced Wolves! At least I have not seen the greenies at the rmef repeat that episode on TV!

For your information McInnis the greenies and the rmef types agreed to the re-introduction of the cuddly little Elk killers and it was agreed that 325 Wolves would be allowed to live in the Rockies! Well, McInnis, you and your buds at the rmef and the other liberal Berkely type organizations are now looking at a population of 525 Wolves and their numbers are exploding! Now, McInnis, also remember that the greenies own game biologists admit that each Wolf has to eat the bio-mass equivalent of 1.8 Elk per month! That is 945 Elk bio-masses per month or 11,340 per year! And remember McInnis, the rmef has done absolutely NOTHING to stem this burgeoning OVER population of Wolves! NOTHING!

They have not demanded that any state be given the right (as promised by the feds before reintroduction!) to regulate (control) the numbers of Wolves once the magic number of 325 was reached!!!!

Thanks for NOTHING rmef!

And for anyone to defend the rmef in this day and age and under this present circumstance is like cutting off ones own nose to spite their face! Absolutely amazingly stupid is the ONLY way to describe that!

If you do not believe the Wolves are decimating the Elk, Big Horn Sheep, Moose and Deer in many areas and in the near future will be ruining more hunting opportunities then you sir - have your head in the sand!

Are you still going to send your money and various other forms of support to the rmef money changers when the Wolves have killed all the Elk in your favorite Hunting area? Maybe then you will get the point!

An organization can not call themselves pro-Elk Hunting or pro-Elk Hunter when they endorse the re-introduction of another major predator of the Elk and then literally stand by and do NOTHING while traditional Elk Hunting opportunities (for humans!) are being taken away - by WOLVES!

Get your head out of the sand or what ever dark place you have it stuck and get with reality pal!

Not 15 air miles from my home last year some friends of mine took pictures of a wintering herd of Elk being attacked by Wolves! Now these Elk were on their traditional wintering range (which by the way is about 8 air miles from a large tract of land the rmef folks purchased and on which no Elk winter!) in a herd of 3,000+ animals! Take yourself out of your easy chair and put yourself on a snowy windswept slope in temperatures well below zero and day after day you have to run from Wolves! Whether they catch YOU or not you are being taxed physically to an amazing extent! Now I Hunt winter Varmints (Cougar, Bobcat etc) in this same area and I know how harsh things are for the Elk there! The addition of Wolves in this area and more and more of them every year is gonna do what for the Elk?

What is your answer McInnis?

Get your head out of its dark spot and answer this direct question to you - please!

My answer (and I am proud to "come here" and express it!) is - its going to stress the Elk and more will die and not just the ones that are lucky enough to get eaten! And the spring calf ratios will suffer also!

As far as I am concerned you can take all the land the rmef has "diverted" to "Elk" habitat (as if it wasn't already Elk habitat?) and use that money to save many, many, many more Elk by fighting this dastardly overpopulation of Wolves!

By the way while Hunting Elk recently I saw another Wolf here in SW Montana. My partner and I watched this Wolf chasing ANTELOPE in a high snowy basin! Now that Wolf did not catch those Antelope but again remember those Antelope that are pregnant are carrying their embryos in biologic suspension and various types of stress will cause them to self abort those embryos! Nice little Wolves! LOL!

Yeah, McInnis get your head on straight before YOUR favorite Elk Hunting area is lost!

And while I am at it I will tell your directly why I came here to rip the rmef! I think they are a top heavy, green organization and their idiotic policies are impotent against the real new threat facing our hard fought for and won Elk herds! Herds that real sportsmen have fought to revive over many many decades!

You keep supporting those idiots if you want but it reflects poorly on you and your judgement! Your time and money can be spent more wisely elsewhere!

Hold into the wind

VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Stark
posted Hide Post
Rmiller, you know what kind of stink that aerial wolf hunting has become in AK. I lived there for 16 years. You also know that the AK population is about as polarized as you can get, meaning that you are either a hunter or hugger. With that said, I agree with your contention of wolf management, including aerial. These animals can devastate an area fairly quick like. Now that I am back in Arizona, I am in an area where the wolf has been reintroduced and I am not thrilled. Even getting a permit for elk in this state, for a resident, is difficult at best, now we have to contend with competition from the lobos. Perhaps predator management would be the way to go in Arizona.

Posts: 36 | Location: Willcox, Arizona | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As far as their mission statement goes, why did they feel it necessary to change it. Whatever the reason, it wasn't to align themselves with hunters.
Wolves are not only depleting Elk numbers, but the coffers of game departments, cattlemen, outfitters and mom & pop coffee shop and motels throughout Elk country.
It's my opinion that there is no room on the rail to sit on this subject, your either a western big game advocate or a wolf supporter.
If a hunter feels compelled to support a foundation, I recommend SCI.

Posts: 359 | Location: 40N,104W | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote