THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    New "Yeti" Expedition Mounted

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New "Yeti" Expedition Mounted
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW!! 10 million yen, and they are taking "chili powder spray" for protection???

Holy Moly!! They better hope they DONT find that monster!!..sakofan.. [Eek!]
Good story, Thanks

Posts: 1379 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 11 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
"in "2003"???????

Sort of late to be in the hills above 4700 meters. Snow might get in the way.

Pepper Spray? Guess I will tell 'ol Squatch, the shop helper, to be sure to wear the eye protection when he goes out behind the shop. Just might be a Nikon totin' Pepsi drinkin' person in the woods with a can of pepper spray.

Eco yuppies, it don't get any better than this.

[ 11-25-2003, 07:53: Message edited by: John Ricks ]

Posts: 1055 | Location: Real Sasquatch Country!!! I Seen 'Em! | Registered: 16 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
At times like this, I really hope there is one out there--and that he likes hot peppers for hors d'oeuvres, followed by a nice rare entrecote of eco yuppie a la neige, with a Pepsi on the side.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm convinced that, within "crypto-zoology", reside some of the few adventures left these days, which plays a part in why the sightings & searches will go on. Were I a younger man, I'd jump at the "chance".

one of us
posted Hide Post
It kind of begs the question, full mount or rug? - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dan, it kinda begs the answer, they haven't decided yeti.

[ 11-26-2003, 01:34: Message edited by: Nickudu ]

one of us
Picture of 300H&H
posted Hide Post
I talked with a friend, as many others have, about its existence. Well, the only theory we came up with for not being able to get footage of them is:
A) They don't exist
B) They exist, but in tiny, isolated populations, and their hibernation practices resemble that of amphibians, not mammals. This means that they can live without food and in shelter (much like toads) for years at a time (possible adaption). We have wolves up here, lots of them, but very few people even catch a glimpse. If there are only a handful of Yeti or Sasquatch then this would reflect the lack of sightings/footage.
---I think the whole expedition idea is great. People who are determined to the sum of 10 Mil. yen will definitely give it a good shot. I can't say I'm rooting for them to find one, though. There has to be one animal on this planet that remains uncaptured. It makes earth look bigger and less-encroached and that's good.
PS: The guy in Harry and the Hendersons used a 458 winnie to hunt Sasquach. [Smile]

Posts: 672 | Location: St. Paul MN | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nick, now that's funny! - Dan

Posts: 5285 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 05 October 2001Reply With Quote