Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: How many meat hunters?
 Login/Join

posted
I hunt for meat and of coarse the enjoyment of the hunt.My family actually prefers wild game over beef.My freezer hasn't seen an ounce of beef in 10 years.There are animals I will hunt for just to hang on the wall,bears and an antelope,and I'm still waiting on the speed goat.I've probably got two more years to wait before I get drawn for archery antelope.

Posts: 20 | Location: Alberta,canada | Registered: 01 December 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
To a large extent, I go to get out of the house for awhile, but don't shoot anything I'm not planning to eat, and will frequently take the first good shot I see ( if two tags, I might get more selective for the second one ).

Posts: 14624 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mostly sport, meat, not terribly concerned about horns. boiled some for several days, didn't get tender. My house could not accomodate a bull elk rack without the brisket sitting on the floor, but I do love to eat that stuff. It's the best!

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote