THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Feds urge judge to reject Wyoming's suit over gray wolf protection!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Feds urge judge to reject Wyoming's suit over gray wolf protection!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Feds urge judge to reject Wyoming's suit over gray wolf protection
Story Discussion Associated Press | Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:15 am | (3) Comments

Font Size: Default font size Larger font size CHEYENNE, Wyo. - The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is asking a federal judge in Cheyenne to uphold the agency's decision to remove federal protections for the gray wolf in Idaho and Montana while leaving them in place in Wyoming.

The state of Wyoming and Park County have a lawsuit pending before U.S. District Judge Alan Johnson of Cheyenne. They want him to order the Fish and Wildlife Service to turn wolf management in Wyoming over to the state.

The Fish and Wildlife Service filed a response on Monday. The federal agency says its decision to leave federal protections in place was justified because Wyoming proposes to declare wolves to be predators that could be shot on sight in most of the state.

Johnson is scheduled to hear arguments in the case next month.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
"As an American I am not so shocked that Obama was given the Nobel Peace Prize without any accomplishments to his name, but that America gave him the White House based on the same credentials."
In the political category that "prize" is now awarded each year to those without any accomplishments to their names. They award it for shock value and to recognize those who share their disrespect for and hostility to Western values, freedom, independence, culture and civilization. In today's world that makes the political part of it strictly a Rogue's Gallery recognition.

I hope Wyoming wins on the case.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hope Wyoming wins on the case.

Thank you! So do I!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
shouldn't the ease in which the wolf hunters in montana and idaho filled the "quotas" say more about the saturation levels of the wolf pops.
they are recovered and a viable species,
the wolves are chasing and mauling cows in the middle of the highway going to sunlight basin! for cryin out loud!
in broad daylight with cars driving thru the stampede
hell, even the disney channel worshipers have to admit that this is not "normal" wolf behavior.
"might as well delist,we already have"

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope Wyoming wins. The enviro-marxists favor the wolves success as they are an efficient predator on big game. On the other hand, there is always the "local ruling" - shoot, shovel and shut up!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The states need to stand up to the feds and tell them to go blow goats! The states have the right to manage their wildlife and lands the way that they see fit.

Posts: 509 | Location: Flathead county Montana | Registered: 28 January 2008Reply With Quote