Find
Notify
Tools

Sako model 75
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Tanoose
posted
Just to get away from rem. & win. for a moment . Everything i hear about the sako is great. How are they realy . Are they a step up from rem &win or are they in the same class.

Posts: 869 | Location: Bellerose,NY USA | Registered: 27 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have .416, .375 (x3) .30-06, .6PPC in Sako 75's.
The 6PPC is a varminter, one of the .375's is in Australia, the 3rd is a leftie belonging to my brother as is the .30-06.

I cannot find any complaints in any of them.

Great all round and IMHO superior to the Winchesters, Remingtons etc. though they do cost more.

Rgds

Posts: 2283 | Location: Aussie in Italy | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have a Sako 75 Hunter in, you guessed it, 280Remington. The Sako is a stepp or two up from both Rem and Win but then the Sako costs more. On the other hand you usualy don't have to any work on them to get them to shoot and the trigger is a dream and owner-adustable.

Posts: 20 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 09 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Love mine in 300 Win Mag. Hell of a rifle, the stock fits as if it was made for me, the trigger is superb, and it just looks cool in stainless steel and walnut.

If I had to make do with just one big game rifle, that exact one would be it.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have shot some impressive groups with two 75's that l have and looking to buy another one. The only concern l have is that the new models have the "key concept" locking arrangement and apparently this has caused the gas from a ruptured primer to be diverted straight back to the shooter. Not sure whether this is true just a post l read on Sako Collectors Club website. If anyone has any comments on this please post.

I would buy another Sako 75 without the key concept system in a heartbeat. Good luck.

Posts: 104 | Location: Western Canada | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Chico what is the website address of the Sako Collectors Club? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 210 | Location: Montana | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Sky, l am at another computer right now so l cannot tell you the exact website address. It is accessed through MSN Communities and you need to register as a member. It takes awhile to get to the site however it is a wealth of information as the site is frequented by users from around the globe. The situation regarding the primer leak and the key concept system is one of the discussion items on the 'General' section. If you are not able to find the site please let me know and and l will post the link tomorrow.

Posts: 104 | Location: Western Canada | Registered: 12 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Sky, l just did a quick Internet search and here is the link:

http://groups.msn.com/SakoCollectorsClub

Good luck

one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I have a 75 Deluxe in .340 Wby. and love it.
The trigger (with a little work) is about as good as life can get. It will shoot most premium game bullets into 1.25-1.5" groups but it will make X bullets just about touch for some reason.
Can't complain about anything but the price.

Kyler

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of solvi
posted Hide Post
I have a 75 Deluxe in 300WM and a 222-rem heavy barrel and I love them.
Of all the rifles that I have used and I have owned all kind like Browning Remington,Winchester and many more, the SAKO comes out on top ,

Posts: 497 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 27 October 2002Reply With Quote
<Delta Hunter>
posted
Let me add to the Sako 75 love-fest. I've got two, a .300 Weatherby and a 7mm Rem Mag. They're accurate, have very nice triggers and are well finished and all, but the thing I've come to like about them more than anything is the way they fit me. They just feel better in my hands than any other rifle I've ever owned. Mine do not have the locking device.

[ 02-06-2003, 19:38: Message edited by: Delta Hunter ]

<Eagle Eye>
posted
Add me to the long list of happy Sako owners...IMO, they are one of the best production rifles available. My complaints with the Model 75's are the weight...about 1/2# more than normal and the cost. BUT, they are very solid, balance well and shoot like target rifles. Fit and finish is very good and quality is first rate. BTW, there is a variant of the 75 available called the Finnlight. It shaves that extra weight and maintains the other great qualities of the Sako lineup.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to go along with the group on this one. Sako advertises that their rifles will shoot a 3 shot, 1" or less group from the factory and my finnlight in a 300 wm does just that.
In factory fodder, mine likes the plain old Remington 180 core lokts.
I reload though, and mine puts 5 shot in a dime at 100 yds and gives me change.
I'm using a Hornady 165 gr Interlok.

Posts: 203 | Location: Back home in Texas | Registered: 20 May 2002Reply With Quote