Find
Notify
Tools

Mountain Lion Outfitters
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of MAU MAU
posted
I am considering a mountain lion hunt this winter, and was wondering if any one, with personal experience, could recommend a quality outfitter. I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Posts: 227 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Where do you want to go........western Canada or the US? Dry land hunt or snow?

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mustang Outfitters, Nevada

Another, and one of the best, Wade Lemon, Utah

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
Well if you like snow and don't mind crossing the border, check out Mark Hubbard of Okanagon Outfitters. You can find his info on the GOABC website. There are others but he consistantly takes very big cats.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
MAU MAU

I sent you a P.M.

Thanks

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
<Hunter Formerly Known As Texas Hunter>
posted
My buddy Mike and I hunted with Wayne Pennell out of Rangely Colorado in 2004. We both took really nice cats. We hunted the first week of January and damn near froze to death but we had lots of snow for good tracking. Not much oxygen for climbing though. Pretty tough on a couple flatlanders.

Mike also took a bobcat. We hunted separately (Wayne fielded two teams) and we both took our cats on the same day. I shot mine with an open-sighted Raging Bull in .454 Cassull.

Wayne can be reached at : Cathedral Bluffs Outfitters, P.O. box 294, Rangley, Colorado 81648 (970)675-3054

I think he was recommended by Ralph Cianciarulo (Archer's Choice). We shared Bear Camp with Ralph and Vicki back in 2003.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you'd like to come this far west, Idaho has a LOT of mountain lions. Some Units you can buy a two-lion tag.

Plenty of outfitters, if you're interested. (??)

L.W.

"A 9mm bullet may expand but a .45 bullet sure ain't gonna shrink."

Posts: 349 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MAU MAU
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the information. I have it down to a few outfitters and am looking forward to the adventure.

Posts: 227 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 August 2005Reply With Quote