Find
Notify
Tools

Re: What vacum sealer do you use
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
I bought a vacuum sealer last year and feel it was a worthy investment.

Posts: 19557 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use the foodsaverII myself.I find it to be a very good product.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I use the foodsaver (non pro) and I fish long range for tuna. I have wrapped up to 200 lbs of tuna steaks at one time and if Wifezilla helps we have to wait at times for the unit to cooldown/rest between wrappings. If you are doing a large volume of meat like a large elk or a moose and you have everything cut up ready to wrap then you need the Pro model I would think. If you cut and trim each steak and then wrap them one at a time then the standard model should probably be fine.

Posts: 12700 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been using the Food Saver Vac 550 for about two years. It is more than sufficient for my wife and me. As I use a professional game butcher to process, cut and vac pak my elk and deer, I don't know how it would perform on that much meat at one stint.

But for "normal" use, it works great.

L.W.

Posts: 253 | Location: S.W. Idaho | Registered: 30 August 2002Reply With Quote