THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Roosevelt Elk/Blacktail deer hunting in Oregon's coast range

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Roosevelt Elk/Blacktail deer hunting in Oregon's coast range
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have always wanted to hunt Roosevelt Elk and Blacktail deer in the Coast Range of Oregon. Is it difficult for a nonresident to draw out on either of these animals?

Posts: 283 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 01 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 9.3 rifleman:
I have always wanted to hunt Roosevelt Elk and Blacktail deer in the Coast Range of Oregon. Is it difficult for a nonresident to draw out on either of these animals?

If I remember right you don't have to draw for tags on the Oregon coast. You buy them over the counter. But things have changed over the years for elk. But deer it is the same buy them over the counter.

John

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In Washington you can get tags over the counter, but finding blacktails and elk in the jungle is another story. I would do a lot of research before traveling from Utah to the Pacific Northwest to hunt. Maybe some of the Oregon hunters here can get you going.

Okie John

"The 30-06 works. Period." --Finn Aagaard

One of Us
Picture of 6.5Gibbs
posted Hide Post
Hey 9.3,

I just moved to Oregon from Utah in February and was able to take a 5 pt. bull here last month. I'm starting to make some good contacts here. I'm in a hurry right now, but PM me and I'll see if I can help you.

Posts: 72 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 03 October 2005Reply With Quote