Find
Notify
Tools

Go away rain.......
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Reloader
posted
I'm wishing some of this rain over to you East Coast fellas. I'm telling you we have sure got the rain this year. It has rained at least 3 times a week for over a month, unusual for sure.

The rivers and bayous are pretty high and fishing has been tough to say the least.

Hopefully the whitetail will grow some good racks this summer. I just hope the turkey hatch comes out ok.

Ya'll have a good one,

Reloader

Posts: 4146 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 18 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
we've had quite a bit of rain here too, lately along with hail.

i'm not complaining, because in an average year, we only get around 10 inches of precipitation, but it always seems to rain on my days off, making the fishing difficult.

then again, a month from now and through most of august and half of september, i'll be whining that there's NO rain and everything is drying up, so i guess there is balance to everything.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Send it on over! We'll be glad to have it.

Where is a good Hurricane when you need one!

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of WyoJoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reloader:
I'm wishing some of this rain over to you East Coast fellas. I'm telling you we have sure got the rain this year. It has rained at least 3 times a week for over a month, unusual for sure.

The rivers and bayous are pretty high and fishing has been tough to say the least.

Hopefully the whitetail will grow some good racks this summer. I just hope the turkey hatch comes out ok.

Ya'll have a good one,

Reloader

Send it up here. We'll take all you want to get rid of.

There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor polite, nor popular -- but one must ask, "Is it right?"

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Posts: 1172 | Location: Cheyenne, WY | Registered: 15 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Tex21
posted Hide Post
Stop hollering about the rain. We haven't had any to speak of for the last several years and its keeping the temperature at a reasonable level. I'd just as soon as too much rain as not enough.

I've got enough to boats to find the fishing holes and I'm hoping the rain will fill up my duck holes again that have been dry for too long.

Jason

"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Posts: 1449 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 24 February 2004Reply With Quote