New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any experience with teh Blaser 30R?
 Login/Join

<merkelmeister>
posted
I have been wondering about the rimmed 30R blaser. the claimed ballistics are similar to 7mm rem mag, and in a rimmed cartridge.

Any actual experience out here?

one of us
posted Hide Post
No, I have no one, but looked closely.

I think its an interesting round. Brass may be made from 9.3x74R, which is not uncommon in Europe. :308 bullets ... any way you want. It beats the 7x65R and the .30-06, its the exact equivalent of the .300 H & H. As you easily can carry around a 26" barrel in a combo gun, it will equal the .300 Win in 24" bbls.

The case seems to have less taper than other rimmed cartridges - good - but the neck is rather short. Thats bad for a repeater, but doesn�t do anything to a single shot. Rather it increases powder space.

In an accurate light single shot it might be perfect for mountain hunting.

In a combo gun ( Ferlach or Merkel or Heym ) 20/76 over .30 R Blaser will take anything in Europe. For big bad bears use 9.3x74R and stay under 200 m.

Hermann

------------------

Posts: 828 | Location: Europe | Registered: 13 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Merkelmeister

A friend of mine recently bought a Blaser Drilling in 30R Blaser.

He shot two hogs (70-170lbs) with great success. He said the 30R is very effective!

The only thing he mentioned negative was the noise, but this got to be the same for all the powerfull rounds in that class.

Pressures are on 30'06 level - not for all break-actions models - be carefull choosing the right system.

All in all a very interessting round.

Posts: 202 | Location: Vienna/Austria | Registered: 04 October 2001Reply With Quote
<350RM>
posted
A good friend bought a blaser kipplauf in 30R blaser about two years ago, we handloaded it with 180gr partitions. So far, he has taken about 50 animals with it. All one shot kills. He claims it works just like the 300 winch...
olivier