THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Anyone hunt with ALL AMERICAN OUTFITTER -Texas?

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hunt with ALL AMERICAN OUTFITTER -Texas?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted
They hunt the Texas panhandle for mulies and whitetail deer. Track record looks very good.
Thanks if you can help. PM's welcomed as always.
CB

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5239 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
bumpski

Posts: 5239 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
>>>

One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
'nuther one.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looks like you've struck out.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
I guess so GL.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Custombolt: I'm not familiar with this particular outfitter, but I do know the territory pretty well. If they have a website provide the address and I can at least tell you what the hunting prospects are in the area they hunt and whether they are in line with prevailing prices.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
I've never run across them Ray...

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7558 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Thanks just the same Russell.

Ken & Rosanne Mayer are the owners and operators. Texas deer hunts are in the panhandle. The main lodge is about 1 hour east of Amarillo around Clarendon (I think). They also do hunts in Argentina and other countries. Pretty much a Mom & Pop operation for local deer hunts.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Few actual booking agents in Texas as its all private land, but its some of the best Mule deer and whitetail hunting..Lots of high fenced ranches with monster deer, but a lot of large ranches in the 25,000 to 150,000 acres and a few twice that big..Best to contact the ranchers, I was raised on a West Texas ranch or two and guided and hunted most of West texas growing up, but some of the biggest deer Ive seen were in central Texas on New Mexico's western edge, and the Palo Duro canyon to the North and East has some very nice Mule deer and whitetail deer...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
As Ray mentioned, there are many good places to hunt in Texas, including the area of interest to you.
You can even hunt elk year around as they are considered exotics; cow elk is a favorite of my family and I like to shoot them here in Texas and avoid the long haul to the mountain states.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mr Shelton,
When you hunt elk, are you doing that on public land or are you paying a big fee to a landowner for allowing you to hunt.
Last I heard, Texas was in process of stocking elk in the West Texas mountains and they are not yet an allowable pursuit.

Bob Nisbet
DRSS & 348 Lever Winchester Lover
Temporarily Displaced Texan
If there's no food on your plate when dinner is done, you didn't get enough to eat.

Posts: 830 | Location: Texas and Alabama | Registered: 07 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Bob,
My Texas History book said that elk lived in Texas back before recorded history. Then large west Texas ranchers stocked them in our western mountains for their hunting convenience. There were no high fences and the elk spread around the mountains where they still roam today. They are found mostly on private land.

Most other Texas elk hunting is on high fenced ranches. A little more history:

Wehen my daughter graduated college, we gave her an elk hunt.I was new to hunting elk and have only hunted elk in:
-Montana on public land and struck out because it was so warm that the elk stayed up where it was cool. Nice week long vacation-daughter shot a mule deer.
-Colorado on private land just infested with elk and passed up a rag horn to try for a trophy. Dumb move as I later learned that I could have shot the little guy, bought another tag and tried for the big guy. Saw some huge elk, just out of range and going away. Another week of vacation.
-Hunted same CO ranch two years later and after 4 days, shot a nice 330 6x6 and saw more big guys out of range and a bear in the trash dumpster.

After that bull, I have hunted elk cows in Texas on ranches from 1200 to 50,000 acres and let the ranch staff handle retrieval from field, cleaning quartering, and placing in cooler. I consider this a mix of hunting , meat shopping, and vacation. Large adult elk cow shot near Abilene:

I have many contacts on such Texas ranches and can put you in touch with a good outfitter for private land hunting.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Huge bull elk can be hunted year around on ranches just North of Marathon Tex on the Blakemore, CAp Yates' old ranch, and between Alpine and Ft Stockton,in the Glass Mountains and in the Davis Mountains North of Ft. Davis...I ranched in the Marathon area for a number of years, and was raised there, but its been a long time. I did get a picture of a 400 plus bull shot on a big ranch in that area last year..I don't know the cost but I assure you if someone shot a bull that big they were family or rich folk...I would check it out at Dallas SCI, and contact the chamber of commerce in Marathon, Alpine,Marfa and Ft. Davis.. I have that picture on my cell but have no idea how to post it on AR, Its the largest elk Ive ever seen alive or dead, mounted or otherwise..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 42176 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
Huge bull elk can be hunted year around on ranches just North of Marathon Tex on the Blakemore, CAp Yates' old ranch, and between Alpine and Ft Stockton,in the Glass Mountains and in the Davis Mountains North of Ft. Davis...I ranched in the Marathon area for a number of years, and was raised there, but its been a long time. I did get a picture of a 400 plus bull shot on a big ranch in that area last year..I don't know the cost but I assure you if someone shot a bull that big they were family or rich folk...I would check it out at Dallas SCI, and contact the chamber of commerce in Marathon, Alpine,Marfa and Ft. Davis.. I have that picture on my cell but have no idea how to post it on AR, Its the largest elk Ive ever seen alive or dead, mounted or otherwise..

You knew the Yates?