New
Find
Notify
Tools

A warm welcome too Big Stick
 Login/Join

<lokey>
posted
Stick man, nice to see you found this board. I enjoyed your posts on shooterstalk and the campfire. You'll find this is a good board. You looking at the .25 WSM yet, thought you might be. Still leaning toward a .25/285 when I get around to barreling a gun. On this .243 kick right now though. You guys kill any nice Blacktails up there this year? I called in and shot a good Washington 3x3 in a clear cut this year, just like you said man. Thanks a lot, and welcome too the board. ~lokey

<Big Stick>
posted
lokey,

I lurked for a while,then chimed in. Thanks for the welcome.

Yep,I'm still in 25-284 mode. Been contemplating the 257WSM as well.

I did OK,for no more than I got to Hunt. Called in two Bucks,that my son killed. That was great for me. One was his best to date. One at about 15 feet,the other at 15yds.

The last Buck I killed,was a nice 4-point. He was the fourth Buck I called in that day. Didn't NET that good,but he was tall and wide,with very good mass. Symmetry hurt him.

I was pretty hot with the call this year,for as little as I got to go. Must of called in 25 or 30 Bucks,nothing huge though. The call is my favorite way,to put the whammy on Blacktail............

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Big Stick,

Welcome to the forum.

I am sure you will enjoy being one of our family of hunters.

One question though, with your name, how come you are shooting such a pipsqueek

------------------
saeed@ emirates.net.ae

www.accuratereloading.com

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
<Big Stick>
posted
Saeed,

Thanks,for the welcome.

I have a little of everything ratholed,the 25-284 is a perennial favorite. Just one of those chamberings that works so well,that it is hard to put down and grab something else,instead of.

I'm a fan of anything that is accurate. The 300Super,338Ultra and 375H&H Ackley,at the top of that list,when circumstances dictate their use.

I very much enjoy your Site. You've a large assembly of knowledgeable Posters,with very diverse experiences and opportunities.

Good stuff..............

one of us
posted Hide Post
Big Stick,
Good to see you made it. I always enjoy your anecdotes on the 24hourcampfire forums, now I look forward to seeing them here.

PS, how's the little marksman? Any new stories to tell?

------------------
God Bless and Shoot Straight

Posts: 264 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 12 October 2001Reply With Quote