Find
Notify
Tools

Oct 7th...my other son scores
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted
I hadn't had a chance to take my other 11 yr old twin, Drew, hunting until the 7th. He has too much going on with school, sports, church, etc. So we went out Sunday evening, and he said he was happy to shoot a doe. Well that didn't happen. In the first 2 hours, we saw 26 deer, and this nice 3 year old fed in the clover a little too close. Drew smoked him at 25 yards and the buck was dead within 100 paces. We were both ecstatic. It was a great hunt, quality time with my son, and now both boys are tagged out. Does beware this weekend, they say they are going to hammer a bunch!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2981 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thunder Head
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the other young man in the house. I think its great you can share the experience and wonders of the outdoors.

I have walked in the foot prints of the elephant, listened to lion roar and met the buffalo on his turf. I shall never be the same.

Posts: 813 | Location: In the shadow of Currahee | Registered: 29 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome, Tim. Tell the young guy Congrats.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1239 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done, congrats to the both of you.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very nice, tell your son congratulations!

TN River and the Mountain Man...

Posts: 27 | Location: Ringgold, GA | Registered: 31 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Austin Hunter
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Great deer!

"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid" -- Ronald Reagan

"Ignorance of The People gives strength to totalitarians."

Want to make just about anything work better? Keep the government as far away from it as possible, then step back and behold the wonderment and goodness.

Posts: 3080 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 05 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tim
Great deer for your son
What a fancy cross bow neat
Have a great hunting season
Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigNate
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the young man!

Posts: 2376 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: 27 November 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!! Great deer. It is great you are passing on the torch of hunting to the upcoming next generation. It represents alot to me and really to us all.

Posts: 195 | Location: Douglas, Wyoming | Registered: 14 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Glad to see a family hunt and spend time outdoors

Congrats

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Great job, Tim. Give the young man our congratulations.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12710 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote