Find
Notify
Tools

2002 Bear
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted
I just returned from hunting the last week of Spring bear hunting in Manitoba. I'm still lucky after all these years, I guess.
 -

[ 06-26-2002, 21:02: Message edited by: judgeg ]

Posts: 7698 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Hey, nice bear, Judge!

Posts: 19559 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Super bear, and with a recurve. (You da man) [Smile]
Congrats, *Nut*

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Say, I've got to remember that trick! Hide the rifle behind the bear and lay a recurve on top of the bear! [Wink]

Congratulations on a nice bear, Judgeg.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Russell E. Taylor
posted Hide Post
Nice bear.

Who was your outfitter? How were the bears moving when you went? I'd heard they were having a late warm-up up there. What did your bear weigh?

Russ

Posts: 2982 | Location: Silvis, IL | Registered: 12 May 2001Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
Nice!!!

One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Russell,
My outfitter was Russ Bettschen of Lynn Lake Fly-In Outfitters. See www.piketales.com and go to the hunting sections. Or try www.bearhunt.net On the bear hunting page, that's me holding the head of last year's bear.

The bears were really moving. It was COLD and WET. When I awoke on the 20th it was 28 degrees. Most afternoons were about 40 degrees and rainy. We had put out eight baits on the lake system we were hunting and all were hit multiple times.

In retrospect, I've seen more bears in my 15 years of hunting Canada in the spring during cold weather than when it's balmy. Fishing is more comfortable, of course, in shorts, but the bear activity makes up for casting in a hunting jacket, I guess.

[ 06-27-2002, 01:52: Message edited by: judgeg ]

Posts: 7698 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote