Notify
Tools

Good trail cam for the money?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted
Hi guys

Wanted to hear suggestions on a good trail cam that is easy to operate, has good battery life, and is not affected too much by the elements (specially sun), is reliable and basically takes good quality pictures, I am not looking at anything fancy as I am planning on buying several to place on my feeders here in Sonora.
Any suggestion and past experience would be appreciated
Thanks

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 532 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Browning cams are great

Posts: 118 | Location: Utah | Registered: 25 March 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Browning cams ae good. I like the Bushnell cams as well.

Posts: 12104 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have a dozen SpyPoint Solar 12MP cameras in operation today. Have been very happy with them. Not having to change batteries is a huge benefit where we operate. But they do best in full sunlight to keep the onboard battery fully charged.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Moultries, apparently easy to repair. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xSZk3lOVL8

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff SN:
Browning cams are great

Brownings are the best .I`ve tried almost all of them.Batteries last a year even in extreme cold.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am not the original poster but have the exact same question. Even when you narrow to Bushnell or Browning...the model choices are vast.

Could someone give some specific models that fit the OP’s bill?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37890 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
I have a 5 gallon bucket full of $40 cameras most are Wild Game Inovations brand.....ultra cheap.

They take clear pictures are easy on batteries but not the best on trigger speed.

I toss the bungy cords and nylon straps in the trash that come with the cameras and replace with rebar tie wire.

It holds the cameras very tight and almost disappears around the tree trunk to not draw extra attention from theifs.

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote