New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Mexico Draw
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
NM notified that their draw results would be out "no later than June 22nd". My calendar says June 22nd, has anyone heard yea or nea from the NMDGF? Perhaps you may have had your credit card debited for a fee? Just anxious to get info so I can make other plans if not lucky.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have been able to access the NM Game and Fish web only once this morning (06-22), and could find NO draw results posted. I doubt that I drew any of the tags I applied for,but it would be nice to know before proceeding with other plans.

Posts: 37 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
They told me 2:00 p.m. mountain time when I called them this morning.

Good hunting,

Andy

-----------------------------
Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just saw up on their website that they have completed the draw and that info would be available today but maybe not until after 5 MST.

one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted Hide Post
This is standard operating procedure for NMDGF. They are late nearly every year posting the results, and always blame it upon "computer problems". Just their way of saying that they procrastinated and didn't get the work (draw) done in time.

One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
They're up now...5 days isn't much of a deer season! Guess the long Tx seasons I grew up with spoiled me...but at least I drew out for muleys...no joy on elk, oryx. Probably the last public land hunt I mess with in this state.

Good hunting,

Andy

Thomas Jefferson: “To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical.”

Posts: 6711 | Location: Oklahoma, USA | Registered: 14 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, no sheep tags in NM this year for me. I really didn't expect to draw, but always gotta try. Hopefully some members of this site did draw and will report back to us.

Good luck to all in the draws still coming up elsewhere.

Posts: 37 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 10 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No luck for sheep, elk or oryx for me either. For non-resident sheep the odds are almost zero but one can draw an elk tag SOMETIME. Guess I will have to quadruple my budget and get in on a cancellation hunt in the Yukon or else where.

one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted Hide Post
No elk or antelope for me this year. Oh well. May have to purchase a landowner's tag.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
No elk for me again this year, 6 years running now........

I have a system: I pretend to work and they pretend to pay me!

Posts: 106 | Location: Cuero, TX. | Registered: 15 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lucked out for Elk 1-170 in Unit 12 for 22-26 Oct. I used to know a quite a bit about some of the areas in northern NM when I lived in Albuquerque hunted those ares in the early 80's. Can anyone offer current insights and suggestions about Unit 12?

Thanks, Emory

Posts: 402 | Location: Houston | Registered: 09 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ACRecurve
posted Hide Post
Emory,

You may have a hard hunt. If I remember correctly, Unit 12 had unlimited either sex elk licenses last year.

Good hunting,

Andy

one of us
Picture of Badboyz
posted Hide Post
Emory,

Sent you a P.M.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
NM Game and Fish can lick my ball sack. I'm 5 years running with no elk tag. 5 years no antelope. 2 deer tags in 6. Forget sheep. They can clean my butt while on on my way to Texas. Texas, where there's good food, music great huntin!!!

Posts: 663 | Location: On a hunt somewhere | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote