Find
Notify
Tools

CDW TN/KY border new regs.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
KY has kept itself CDW free.

However, in 2020 CDW was discovered in a Whitetail Foe 8 miles from KY. KY is bordered by 5 states.

KY has issued new regulations due to this CWD doe for Fulton, Hickman, Graves, Marshall, and Calloway counties. My Club’s lease is in Trigg County. Trigg borders Calloway and Marshall.

If you hunt in the Western part of the state look up these new refs.

Posts: 11685 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Is that deer from 8 miles south of KY?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4250 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
8 miles from South West KY; hence, those new regulations for those Counties identified in my first post.

Fulton County extends into the Mississippi River. The bottom of Kentucky East to West borders TN’s North Border.

Posts: 11685 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I want to thank the deer farmers and/or "trophy" hunters for spreading it. (Helmet, Kevlar and Nomex undies being donned!)

Assume you are talking about Henry County deer.

Did ya notice they had a picture of an axis, not white tail deer in the announcement.

Challenge your limits

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The KY Hunting Guide just showed a doe-Whitetail-obviously suffering from CWD. I think this was a stock photo.

The KY Hunting Guide did not identify a specific TN county. The statement was just a WhiteTail Doe 8 miles from KY border was confronted positive with CWD. Therefore, in these counties(see above) new regs.

one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I can not find the original announcement I was talking about.

https://www.tn.gov/twra/news/2...in-henry-county.html

The march of CWD will slowly spread I am sorry to say . .

other counties . . .

OTHER STATES!

Challenge your limits

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TCLouis:
I want to thank the deer farmers and/or "trophy" hunters for spreading it. (Helmet, Kevlar and Nomex undies being donned!)

Assume you are talking about Henry County deer.

Did ya notice they had a picture of an axis, not white tail deer in the announcement.

since it's all speculation: i also speculate some of it is hunters that go west, shoot a deer bring the carcass home and throw the carcass over the bank after cleaning off the meat. cwd positive carcass now polluting where there wasn't cwd previously

Posts: 178 | Location: upstate NY | Registered: 14 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
well they ain't comin here to take the cwd home cause.

A. we ain't got no deer.
and.
B. we ain't got CWD.

I did offer up the one I got this year to be tested, and got the kids to do the same since we got the three of them spread out about 50 miles apart.
one near Utah, one near Wyoming, and the third near a different part of Wyoming that has white tail deer.

Posts: 4997 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
I go to MO with a friend to MO and it is only one county away there now.
NO bones come home with the packed meat.

I no longer open any bones in butchering, especially the spine and have not for years.

Lamar, I am sorry to see that you are all out of deer up there and no one needs to bother to come look for any in your area! Is there any CWD even close to you there.

Challenge your limits