New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fastest deer skinner.........
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
......and if he ain't the fastest, he ain't far behind......

https://www.facebook.com/photo...23924&type=2&theater

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Did you read the comments that were being made on FaceBook? There were some pretty negative comments.

He is good at what he does, and is fast. My question is, WHY, does everything humans do have to be turned into some type of competition?

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These guys are about six miles from me. The need for speed is mostly due to having thity deer a night during the week and sometimes fifty or more nightly on the weekend. Hogs too!

Posts: 84 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Man! Eeker

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
sc--where in south carolina are these people??

Posts: 1096 | Location: UNITED STATES of AMERTCA | Registered: 29 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
quote:
These guys are about six miles from me. The need for speed is mostly due to having thity deer a night during the week and sometimes fifty or more nightly on the weekend. Hogs too!

I figured he worked for a processor, and those guys do have to work fast and they get really good at their job.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigasanelk:
He's fast, no doubt about it but the video has been sped up by at least 10%. This is evident by the sound of the buzzing of light fixture that was picked up by the camera. It should be a 60 HZ pitch and sounds closer to 70 HZ.

If you do that math it's 16% faster and flourescent lighting "buzz" can't be judged at a flat rate. Temperature, input voltage, total circuit load all have an effect on flourescent lightings inherint "hum or buzz".
Just sayin'.
The flourescent lights sounds perfectly in synch to me and the guy is flat FAST.
Nothing looks speeded up to me except he is a go getter and has a smile on his face and that always makes any work go faster.

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My 10 yr old killed her first big buck this weekend and skinned and processed it all by her self. It was just like that and almost as fast...or well maybe 120x slower.

Perry

Posts: 2249 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by perry:
My 10 yr old killed her first big buck this weekend and skinned and processed it all by her self. It was just like that and almost as fast...or well maybe 120x slower.

Perry

I have seen your photos and I will say that she also salvaged a lot more meat.

She may be 120x slower but the event meant 1,200 more to her, and 1,200 more to us, than it did to this pro.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6838 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It obviously fresh and warm not field dress hung well and a very sharp knife.

I don't believe that he could keep that up all day.

But it is fast.

Posts: 19615 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
I'm closer to 48 minutes but mine are prettier when they're done and I usually enjoy a beer while I'm doing it. Big Grin
Used to elk hunt with a fiend who had a meat processing biz. When we got an elk on the ground he would get out his apron and knives. He would have an entire elk boned out and we would have it loaded on the horses in about 45 min.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3830 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
It obviously fresh and warm not field dress hung well and a very sharp knife.

I don't believe that he could keep that up all day.

But it is fast.

I agree and one cannot deny the skill. However, it would have to be exceptional circumstances that I would have an animal not field dressed and I wonder if it is standard practice.

Posts: 787 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Field dressing is not the norm here in the south. It is usually less than an hour until the deer is at the processor. A BIG buck would be 200-220 with an average of 165-180 and does average 80-100. This video is approx 40 miles east of Columbia SC. LOTS of deer in SC with the most in the lower portion along the Savannah River.

Posts: 84 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 28 January 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No doubt the guy is fast.

I wonder how much hair got all over the meat?

Posts: 618 | Location: North Louisiana | Registered: 01 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn, hard not to be impressed

Simply, Elegant but always approachable

Posts: 354 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 24 May 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A rope, a truck, a knife and a golfball is still faster. No meat loss. Trust me. It works.

Ski+3

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I knew an old poacher in the UP that would have a deer all skinned boned in about 5 Minutes.This guy is fast.

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SkiBumplus3:
A rope, a truck, a knife and a golfball is still faster. No meat loss. Trust me. It works.

Ski+3

I've got $100 that says you (meaning one person, no assistants) can't take "a rope, a truck, a knife and a golfball" with a hanging deer carcass as shown in video and have it done, as in the video, in two minutes or less. On second thought, make that $1000. Bet?

xxxxxxxxxx
When considering US based operations of guides/outfitters, check and see if they are NRA members. If not, why support someone who doesn't support us? Consider spending your money elsewhere.

NEVER, EVER book a hunt with BLAIR WORLDWIDE HUNTING or JEFF BLAIR.

I have come to understand that in hunting, the goal is not the goal but the process.

Posts: 17099 | Location: Texas USA | Registered: 07 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
popcorn

One of Us
Picture of Mike_Dettorre
posted Hide Post
Guy is doing it all wrong...you see he flicks his wrist to the right then back to the left.

Everybody knows in the northern hemisphere you are supposed to flick to the left then back to the right.

Mike

Never under estimate the internet community's ability to reply to your post with their personal rant about their tangentially related, single occurrence issue.

What I have learned on AR, since 2001:
1. The proper answer to: Where is the best place in town to get a steak dinner? is…You should go to Mel's Diner and get the fried chicken.
2. Big game animals can tell the difference between .015 of an inch in diameter, 15 grains of bullet weight, and 150 fps.
3. There is a difference in the performance of two identical projectiles launched at the same velocity if they came from different cartridges.
4. While a double rifle is the perfect DGR, every 375HH bolt gun needs to be modified to carry at least 5 down.
5. While a floor plate and detachable box magazine both use a mechanical latch, only the floor plate latch is reliable. Disregard the fact that every modern military rifle uses a detachable box magazine.
6. The Remington 700 is unreliable regardless of the fact it is the basis of the USMC M40 sniper rifle for 40+ years with no changes to the receiver or extractor and is the choice of more military and law enforcement sniper units than any other rifle.
7. PF actions are not suitable for a DGR and it is irrelevant that the M1, M14, M16, & AK47 which were designed for hunting men that can shoot back are all PF actions.
8. 95 deg F in Africa is different than 95 deg F in TX or CA and that is why you must worry about ammunition temperature in Africa (even though most safaris take place in winter) but not in TX or in CA.
9. The size of a ding in a gun's finish doesn't matter, what matters is whether it’s a safe ding or not.
10. 1 in a row is a trend, 2 in a row is statistically significant, and 3 in a row is an irrefutable fact.
11. Never buy a WSM or RCM cartridge for a safari rifle or your go to rifle in the USA because if they lose your ammo you can't find replacement ammo but don't worry 280 Rem, 338-06, 35 Whelen, and all Weatherby cartridges abound in Africa and back country stores.
12. A well hit animal can run 75 yds. in the open and suddenly drop with no initial blood trail, but the one I shot from 200 yds. away that ran 10 yds. and disappeared into a thicket and was not found was lost because the bullet penciled thru. I am 100% certain of this even though I have no physical evidence.
13. A 300 Win Mag is a 500 yard elk cartridge but a 308 Win is not a 300 yard elk cartridge even though the same bullet is travelling at the same velocity at those respective distances.

Posts: 10136 | Location: Loving retirement in Boise, ID | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Way to go tu2

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
That dude is quick!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
I would totally cut myself if I tried to do it that fast.

impressive work.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
Very impressive.

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of muzza
posted Hide Post
anyone care to elaborate on the " rope, a truck, a knife and a golfball " method ? A pictorial , perhaps ?

Old enough to know better

Posts: 4471 | Location: Eltham , New Zealand | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Impressive. He is not expending that much energy, I believe he could do a deer every 10 minutes for an 8 hour shift. 48 in a shift. Head shot does are easiest.

Rope, truck and golf ball work best when the deer is cold. This method will pull the shoulder off a shoulder shot deer.

Hang a deer from a stout tree with a good rope. Make all your cuts, around the neck, remove the lower legs and cut the hide along brisket to neck and from one front leg to the other. Pull down enough neck hide to get the golf ball (or similar size rock) tucked into the hair side and tie a good double half hitch around the hide and ball. Tie the other end to the truck and drive away.

Do not let anyone stand nearby. There is way too much stored energy here. After the hide gets past the front legs/brisket it pulls much easier.

Wrap the tree with an old sheet. Keeps the bark off the meat.

Having done it both ways, I will skin a deer when its warm. I will cover the deer with a sheet so the peckerwoods and chickadees don't mess it up. Let the carcass hang for a day or two, it will dry and you can brush the hair off with a stiff brush. (I hunt deer where it is cool enough to hang a deer outside and not be concerned about spoilage.

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OLBIKER:
I knew an old poacher in the UP that would have a deer all skinned boned in about 5 Minutes.This guy is fast.

Takes about 10 mins if its dark Roll Eyes

one of us
posted Hide Post
Youp50 is correct. We do it a little different. Hang the critter head down. Start at the butt. Golf ball under the skin at the tail. Slowly drive away. Hide pulls off, stop pulling at the neck. Cut the head off with the hide still attached. Then cut off front legs. Never timed it but it's quick.

Ski+3

Posts: 860 | Location: Kalispell, MT | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of erict
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzza:
anyone care to elaborate on the " rope, a truck, a knife and a golfball " method ? A pictorial , perhaps ?

This isn't me, but you get the point. I prefer pulling from the hind quarters. Stay clear of possible rope breaks or even better - use chain. I think that an experienced person could easily do this in under 2 minutes on their own (especially if trying to win a bet).

"Listen more than you speak, and you will hear more stupid things than you say."

Posts: 705 | Location: near Albany, NY | Registered: 06 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I tried this skinning method on a buck I shot last night it was field dress. I believe that made it harder.

Worked ok.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The guy is fast, no doubt. I did notice very little effort to cut the legs off. That portion seemed impossible to me. I have never seen one that could be cut with 2 strokes of the saw.

Posts: 12105 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The legs looked like the only part that he was trying to go fast. Everything else just looked like an expert at his work. His saw must be a lot sharper than mine, I need many more strokes.

I skinned and quartered a small doe like that on the ground in the woods recently. It took 15 minutes. By the time my buddy picked his way through the multiflora rose 50 yards and brought my pack, I was done. This was without gutting, and wasting the inner loins. Even normal people can be fast. It takes practice and very sharp knives.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote