New
Find
Notify
Tools

BIG GAME!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Texas 41 USC 38 thumb clap YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

Take that surfer boys!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
That had to be one of the best games I have ever seen in a long time, then again the Penn state game last night was pretty damn good too!!!

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fusino
posted Hide Post
As a UT alumnus and the biggest fan on earth, I didn't think the Horns could top last year's Rose Bowl. Good God was I wrong!! Hook'em!

--->Happiness is nothing but health and a poor memory<---Albert Schweitzer
--->All I ever wanted was to be somebody; I guess I should have been more specific<---Lily Tomlin

one of us
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed that Penn State game to, I didn't think it was ever going to end. I loved Joe Paterno's statement after the game, "It's past my bed time"!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of either team but it was a great football game. Now if the NCAA would only go to a 16 team playoff we would have a bunch of games that actually meant something.

Jeff

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king.

Posts: 784 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 18 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brad
posted Hide Post
I don't care about teams, all I require is a good game... the last two nights might be as good as it ever gets!

<9.3x62>
posted
I was a bit disappointed. Texas played their best game (except for the first 5 minutes) and USC played fairly average. I was hoping both teams would be at the top of their games...

Not the greatest officiating I've ever seen either...

The PS/FSU game was better...

One of Us
Picture of friarmeier
posted Hide Post
9.3, did you see the Michigan/Nebraska game? THAT was the worst officitated bowl game in history!

And I'm a diehard Cornhusker!

It's plain to see that the refs altered the outcome. I don't think they did so willfully--just plain poor officiating.

As for PS/FSU--good, maybe great, but past my bed-time too!

friar

Our liberties we prize, and our rights we will maintain.

Posts: 1222 | Location: A place once called heaven | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MuskegMan
posted Hide Post
Every dog has their day, I suppose.

There is a Sports Forum at AR by the way.

Wink

MM

Posts: 2097 | Location: S.E. Alaska | Registered: 18 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
friarmeier--I agree and I'm a diehard fan also--I grew up in good ol' huskerland---you can see that after our game that they slowly started to review plays without the coaches having to sacrifice timeouts---

Muskegman--now that's just downright hilarious--chris

Posts: 294 | Location: Omaha, NE | Registered: 29 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed both those games as well. I am a Seminole fan but enjoyed the battle to the end even if they did lose.
I really enjoyed the Texas quarterback. He is going get a great contract in the future.

Posts: 1159 | Location: Florida | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of IdahoVandal
posted Hide Post
Probably the best Rose Bowl I have seen since Washington upset Michigan in 1978!!!

IV

(The Vandals could have beat both of them of course......in logging sports......) bull

minus 300 posts from my total
(for all the times I should have just kept my mouth shut......)

Posts: 844 | Location: Moscow, Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fusino, et al - Certainly glad that one of the "big" schools in the great state of Texas decided to take some of the pressure off us "Roaches" -- TCU '66.

Posts: 1324 | Registered: 17 February 2004Reply With Quote